I was Kicked off AmCrap (1 Viewer)

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
Salsibury, Maryland
Only because it seems relevant to the discussion as to op's state of mind or behavior but @BradKajukenbo you have "republican/conservative" listed in yer profile and tbh to me, and I'm sure the vast majority of members of stp that's a nice clear red flag that you seem like the kind of dude who doesn't have the best ccontrol of his temper.
as much as I'd love to agree that there is something to this, I've found "passionate" Liberal/Democrats just as ornery and despicable hothead-types. for me they are equally red flags

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
as much as I'd love to agree that there is something to this, I've found "passionate" Liberal/Democrats just as ornery and despicable hothead-types. for me they are equally red flags
Yer right, let me phrase my comment a little more clear so there isn't any confusion to what I meant, op's post makes him look like a tough guy bone head with a hard on for provoking fights with strangers so he can use his martial arts training. Whether it's how it was written (which personally sounds very far from a true story to me but shit what do I know) or how it really happened. I'll never know, and I don't really care but when a self described republican/conservative makes a post that reads like a weird humble brag about fighting a dude over a sports t shirt it kinda tells me just about all I couldn't already tell by this person's profile updates.

The glossing over @BradKajukenbo's politics on a website created and maintained by anarchists is a whole different topic, a concerning one, but not one that doesn't surprise me anymore.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
Salsibury, Maryland
it is pretty damn ironic to imagine a martial arts master, drinkin budlight in a sports jersey on amtrak, ending up provoking a wingnut "who annoyed him" into grabbing his shirt and then laying him out. I mean what do I know, but I thought martial arts was all about internal discipline, or maybe that's just the dream someone's selling

an interesting thing I've heard id like to throw into the mix here - in Maryland, merely taking something out of someone's hand, i.e. a bag of chips is considered 'assault', so definitely grabbing at someone's clothing would be considered 'assault' (in my logical mind anyway).

Faceplant

Mmmm . . . Taste the Ballast!
StP Supporter
Current Location
Boulder Creek Ca
I’m from a time when it was mostly understood that the second you lay hands on another man, you forfeit any right to have tolerance or understanding from the person you layed hands on. Pretty straight forward.

I am not a tough guy, but did know the rules, and since I’m a bit of a puss, made sure I never, in either action or words, conveyed any kind of message likely to be ambiguous or unclear.

Now, the rules have apparently changed, and for the worse,
I judge. People seem to want the right to verbally , or by internet, insult and talk shit about people, and still not have any negative consequences.

I lived under the old paradigm just fine. That 50 something man is old enough to have known that if you touch someone, you might be in trouble.

Also, I never thought Brad was any kind of braggart, bully, or provocateur. But to Older Than Dirt, I gotta say, you are a nice enough guy, far brighter than me, and maybe more than a lot of people hereabouts, but you occasionally fly off the handle and start insulting and making unfounded statements about people you do not know, but disagree with. Nevertheless, I enjoy your input - and Brad’s.

Slanky, I am not an anarchist, but see its’ influence here, for sure. I am conservative, but not a Republican, not a anything, really. I joined because I was wanting to ride trains, and was directed here to meet people and learn. As that byline above says, I am a misfit, and I do like to travel. I admit,
I don’t suffer fools lightly, and there are a few of the younger variety here on StP, that might get butt-hurt when you tell them where they’re missing the mark. But I try not to insult them. Well, at least not too much. Is that not good enough credentials? Gotta say, in agreement with Roughdraft, there are about equal amounts of intolerant, shouting screaming tyrants among both liberals and conservatives. I have friends among both, we know where our similarities lie, and where we differ, and choose not to let those things come between our friendships.

Slanky, I think you were unfair in your judgment of Brad. I believe Brad could have, but was not obligated, to ignore that jerk to layed hand on him.

Last edited:

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
At the risk of more pissing match with The Toughest Man On STP: I am pretty familiar with the "code of the streets" some have laid down here.

I used to be a loud-mouthed asshole ("used to be?", i hear some mutter; hush yourselves) who got in a lot of fights. i lived and sold weed on the LES in NYC in the bad old days, and lived in Brooklyn ghetto neighborhoods through the Crack Wars of the '80s-'90s. I grew up in a much more dangerous world than any American 43 year old did. Violence in America has been in a very steep, very sharp, decline since shortly after Certain People Born In 1976 hit puberty around 1989 (when i was 30). Violence in America increased, a lot, every single year of my entire life til 1992 (when i was 33, for those as bad at math as me).

I am willing to bet a pancake breakfast on the uprovable claim that i have been in more fights involving someone bleeding than Certain Tough Guys, although of course i lost lots of those fights because i am not the kind of badass you see in action movies (with low-budget Hollywood dialogue to match, as @SlankyLanky has noted).

But this is the thing: you can live by your own code, and that's probably going to be fine as long as you stay away from straights and civilians. The problem is, ALL American cities are controlled by highly-organized, heavily-armed gangs, that have a certain code that they enforce, with violence as seems necessary or amusing to them. They have been known to kidnap violators of their code and hold them captive for the rest of their lives. These gangs wear distinctive gang "colors" and other insignia.

These gangs are known as 'The Man", "Police Forces", "cops", "pigs", etc.

So, what i have tried to explain here is the rules these armed gangs will enforce on you if you get in fights, especially with straights and/or civilians, and even more especially if you so this in a train station. I have also said i think OP is a dick, and probably a big liar, but that isn't what seems to have upset folks the most.

I didn't make up these rules myself, but studied them for three years, and then passed a two-day exam on my state's version of them, and handled enough cases of knuckleheads getting in fights over stupid shit to be pretty familiar with how these cases play out in the criminal courts.

Do What Thou Wilt, but don't whine when life does not turn out like your Chuck Norris fantasies. Part of pretending to be Chuck Norris is taking the consequences of your actions stoically, right?

to Older Than Dirt, I gotta say, you are a nice enough guy, far brighter than me, and maybe more than a lot of people hereabouts, but you occasionally fly off the handle and start insulting and making unfounded statements about people you do not know, but disagree with.
I am an old man who drinks; getting cranky and flying off the handle at young folks is my social function.

And i used to get paid good money to lecture the youths (including on the very topic we are discussing here, which i taught undergrads for decades- funny coincidence).

Of course i have no more right to be a dick than anyone else, and being a geriatric drunk is no excuse.

Disclaimer: i do not practice law. Nothing contained in this post is legal advice. As always, everyone should always get legal advice from a competent attorney admitted in their jurisdiction before doing, or failing to do, anything whatever.

Last edited:

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
@Faceplant I am not a liberal. I don't want to derail the thread with my politics when the only reason I mentioned it was to show the character of the op, which to me is pretty in line with a tough guy douche. I don't think anyone was upset that he defended himself, the point is he shoulda known better and if his dialogue is at all accurate (which at this point I'll just flat out say is bullshit) his story went from reading as him defending himself to him acting like a typical asshole. A republican.

I don't think my judgement is in anyway unfair, I judged the dude by the story he told then stated that I wasn't surprised after reading that his apparent politics are pretty in line with somebody who's a asshole.

This could all be lost in the way the story was written, or the way that the conversation between the two of them sounds like it's completely untrue and written in a way I can only describe as being fabricated by a dude who thought it would sound cooler that way.

And I would really like to think somebody who teaches people martial arts would have more self control, but again like I said before that shit isn't a surprise to me. Op made a bad call, straight up you wanna defend a dude that not so low key tried to brag about taking down a drunk dude on amtrak? Come on, reasonable adults have better judgement then that.

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
Even a bullshit story can be illuminating, especially regarding the storyteller. As SlinkyDonkey pointed out, one giveaway was OP's claim to not know what ass smells like. A tale I'd rather read is How I Used Jedi Mind Tricks To Neutralize An Obnoxious Ass Hole On AmTrak - perhaps more useful for those of us who aren't martial arts masters

Last edited:
OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
I am no way any kind of master in martial arts. I don't claim to be. I started taking Kajukenbo too late in life to reach any Master Rank. The work and studying you have to put in to making 9th Degree, I'd be in my 90's to reach that.

I am no way some macho badass. My worst fear is getting into a street fight because I'd bet on a street fighter over a black belt of any rank any day of the week. If I wanted that ego, I would have chosen my profession as a cop or got into construction.

Now only one of you so far has seemed to have heard about the Kajukenbo System. But knowing about the system or its philosophy isn't really at all anything unless you take the step and train. And I encourage all of you who travel by hitch hiking or train hopping to take Self Defense.

Palama District Hawaii 1947, just after Pearl Harbor, it was one of the most violent places to live. Mostly anyone who seemed to be Asian were attacked mostly by drunk Navy sailors. Five men who were black belts in different systems met to form a system of techniques combining each system. This meeting was called THE BLACK BELT SOCIETY

As the Korean War broke out, 4 of the 5 went to were called to duty leaving Sijo Adriano Emperado to take the system public. In 1951 he and his brother Joe opened Kajukenbo Self Defense Institute(KSDI) in the Palama Settlement. If you read the full wiki artificial under Emperado's Method, it's there.

YES you have to have self discipline to train in Kajukenbo. But the self discipline in this system isn't about goody goody deeds and being a fucking boy scout. The discipline is pushing your mind and your body further in your training. Earning your rank. Most important, its about being the one who fucking goes home and not the ER or Morgue. The discipline is being able to tell your best friend "Oh your birthday is Friday night? Oh man I have class that night. But happy birthday".

I am a humble person. I've opened my home up and will invite any who travel by hitchhiking, train hopping, walking, biking, driving, for a place to stop, eat, shower, do laundry, or rest. Dont care if your black, red, white, green, purple, pink, yellow, gay, straight, bi, tran, I've offered this to a few of you already. I have a bad travel experience, and some of you come at me like you were potty trained at gun point. Being labeled at as a liar angry asshole homophobic with some big macho ego, WOW! Just Fucking WOW.

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
At the risk of coming off like a bullshitter myself, I believe everything you've laid out here - except maybe your claim you don't know what ass smells like, but I just consider that your narrative style. And if I'm ever up around those parts, I'll come check you out with a case of Bud Light and get a picture together with you in your Jose Canseco jersey. I generally believe people unless/until they give me a reason not to.

Incidentally, I never played sports at PHS - I just remember Redding as one of our regional rivals

Last edited:

Faceplant

StP Supporter
Current Location
Boulder Creek Ca
At the risk of coming off like a bullshitter myself, I believe everything you've laid out here - except maybe your claim you don't know what ass smells like, but I just consider that your narrative style. And if I'm ever up around those parts, I'll come check you out with a case of Bud Light and get a picture together with you in your Jose Canseco jersey. I generally believe people unless/until they give me a reason not to.

Incidentally, I never played sports at PHS - I just remember Redding as one of our regional rivals

Faceplant

StP Supporter
Current Location
Boulder Creek Ca
Juan, if you make it up, I’m not too far from Redding, I’ll chip in for supplies, especially the smell of ass, that’s always free.

OTD, I am about as cranky, and I can’t blame it on drink as I do not drink hardly at all. Must be the caffeine I’m addicted to.

OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California

I asked my son what ass smells like. LMAO He said to run your finger up the crack of your ass and then smell your finger. So basically ass is the smell of BO. I was thinking it is the smell of a fart.

As I said I am always willing to open my house up to any and all who travel and need a resource that gives all a place to charge their equipment, shower, ect. I only ask those who use drugs not to do them here. I wont tolerate someone coming here with an agenda of being an asshole.

I would like to offer any or all of you who would like to come up and check me out and my school. In Oct, my students are having their belt promotions. 4 of them are promoting to their Student B lack rank. After the promotion we are going to the Lake and having a bbq. If you want to see the infamous #33 Jersey, that is ok too

edit: sorry for any typos. My mouse to my laptop went dead and the touch pad is fucking me up

Last edited:
OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
WOW.

SWAT team enters AmTrak just after departing Redding

REDDING, Calif. — A woman described the chaotic scene on board an Amtrak train that was forced to make an unscheduled stop between Redding and Portland after a man allegedly made threats to harm himself and others. The train stopped for several hours at Odell Lake, near Shelter Cove Sunday, as authorities responded.

Veronica Angel was on board the Coast Starlight Sunday morning. She sent video to KRCR News Channel 7, showing members of the SWAT team moving through the train as the suspect was arrested.

Mason Lira, 25 of Fresno, was arrested for disorderly conduct and interfering with public transportation.

Authorities say train personnel contacted police around 11 a.m. after Lira allegedly made unusual gestures, statements about weapons and threats to passengers and the conductor.

The Amtrak Coast Starlight had left Redding Sunday morning headed north for Portland and Seattle.

Passenger Veronica Angel said initially the staff on the train told passengers the train was broken down. She said she had no idea a passenger had allegedly been making threats sitting on her side of the train.

"After being confused as to what was happening for four hours, a SWAT team came rushing in yelling for everyone to get down and pointing their guns," Angel said.

"All the passengers on my side of the train had to spend another (several) hours talking to the SWAT team about what happened."

Authorities said no weapons were found. The train with 272 passengers and 15 crew members was delayed for nearly five hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $15.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $15.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $15.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $15.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

I've made some layout adjustments to featured content threads. They should look much prettier on mobile devices, although I'm still working on how the main featured page displays on those devices...
Due to a software bug, I've had to disable the ability for users to delete their accounts until a fix is released (hopefully no more than a few days).
You ever look back and kind of wonder even if you wanted to try to fix things... How you even begin to apologise for Fucking up someone's life??
The self defense group is going so far so great!
Three years of loving and caring, down the backed up toilet.
I feel uncomfortable with all of the transphobic micro-aggressions being thrown around here lately. I also feel uncomfortable standing up in defense of trans folk, me included, in fear of developing discourse without the consequence of proper accountability.
Barf wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
There's a fish in the percolator
I'm in NYC. What's good? Anyone wanna kick it? Where can I camp without getting hassled?
Roof vent is installed, fixed the side mirror, mounted the solar panels and ran the wires into the van. Currently working on putting in the floor. It's a lot but I'm making steady progress.
Anyone is Portland wanna kick it for a night and get motey'd up?!

Staff online