How to get over a broken heart. | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

How to get over a broken heart.

acrata4ever

Reaction score
Get even what info you got on this guy? Adresses phone numbers social security number you can really make this heels life a living hell what you got on him? Let's have some fun.

trash diver

Reaction score
Space Princess,i know it hurts,and pain can make you feel isolated.You are not alone.Even if a person loses everything,you can always start over.But you must have faith in yourself.There is hope in each sunrise,and if you have hope you have everything. God bless.

Reactions: Mankini

scales

Reaction score
i don't think you can get over it even with time i think it's always gonna be i still can't get over my love for these friend that i have and its been over ten years

GetOutOf717

Reaction score
My experience of getting over a broken heart:

Look at the relationship from a different point of view. What REALLY happened? It was failed from the start, and just a drawn out downhill shit. I was in this relationship that I knew from the start wouldn't work because of our differences, but I was so desperate that I tried to make it work anyway. My most recent relationship ended only a couple months ago. When it began I was at occupy lancaster. I was in the city busking on "first friday" and met this girl. Long story short ended up living with her through christmas until she moved out a couple of weeks ago. At first I thought I found true love. A girl that took me in from the street and let me live with her and her mother. (who ended up being my 2nd mother, one of the nicest ladies I've ever met)

I was wrong. I didn't really realize it until the end, but this girl is a sociopath, self centered, and just overall a bitch. She is bipolar, and is so to the point I would call "unstable". During our relationship she would go off on me for driving to sheetz and back without telling her I was leaving. She was very clingy and would go through very dramatic periods of mania and depression. Although I loved her very much, and tried as hard I could to make things work, it would simply not work. Although I had my own faults, at the end of everything it was episodes of us yelling at each other, leaving the house for days at a time, and endless verbal, almost physical abuse at times.

Through the dramatic ups and downs the love we once had crashed and burned. In the course of 3 dramatic months, of thoughts of marriage, to her saying "I would have slit your throat in your sleep if I haven't of left last night" My emotions were ravaged. I made very bad decisions. I got caught up in a fucked up cycle of smoking weed and occasionally even bath salt, coke, and even meth. This especially worsened after the breakup, caught up in my own self pity, failing to realize I simply just needed to move on and get away from this mess. After this, what felt like an epiphany, after fleeing the crutches of blinding "love", I finally saw things in a new light. She moved out of the house and I am now living with her mother who treats me as a son. We have the same views of her daughter. She is a self centered bitch.

Recently I have thought more and more about traveling. I've been doing less sitting around the house and I have been spending periods of time just getting out. The feeling of just having some clothes and a guitar on my back is so liberating. Living off the comforts of home compared to busking, and giving everything you got to make enough to eat, buy clothing, and survive is such a different world. I have not been doing stupid synthetic coke or hard drugs anymore, although I do often smoke weed. I am no longer depressed, and when I am home I try to contribute as much as I can. I feel more free than ever, and I know it can only get better. Coming out of this depression has been so great. I am no longer a prisoner. Life is beautiful! Today I spent 80% of the day outside. It was 80+ degrees out. I hung out with the neighbor lady and got a nice tan from walking around shirtless in my cutoff dickies. Just learn to love the little things. Relationships are too much drama! For now on females are only friends or smashed and dashed.

E

Earth

My experience shows that with me it takes time.
Time and searching / reflecting.... and doing stuff which does more harm than good.
This time last year, I was a real mess because I knew my woman was leaving for another guy cross country but today, right now - man, I'm glad she's gone.
I'm healthier today than I've been in over a dozen years, although I feel my dog should take the credit for getting me back on track.
That being said, I'm pretty much finished with the whole mate thing.
I tried 3x and failed 3x, this last time was strike three, I'm out... and everything's gonna be alright, it's cool....
Some people should simply be alone, not in any kinda relationship - and I just happen to be one of them.

The important thing is to do what your heart tells you to do, because when you do something out of love it can never be wrong.

robbaked

Reaction score
Relationships can definitely fuck a person up. If they're good its awesome. If it turns sour then it's the worst thing ever. Depending on how much you feel for the other person, emotions can tear a motherfucker up. I met someone and recently made it official. Now, a month later, i think i fucked it up and its making me one depressed, failing asshole. Point; don't ever fall in love.

WingNnt

Reaction score
When I feel that way I just make sure to maintain a constant state of inebriation. That way I focus on other shit and problems that it causes, instead of the love that just got ripped away from my heart. Not the best advice, but its the easiest and most effective (ive found). It does create new problems that I personally think are easier to deal with.

Reactions: wildboy860

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
mend it with super glue and dental floss. suck it up and move on. time will heal, the rest is up to you.....

ThatSpickDude

Reaction score
I like this girl. The way she thinks. The way she talks. I love her personality. Shes amazing. I love her from head to toe. On the inside and out. All I wish is that we could cuddle all day and all night. I dont really care about sex, of course I want it. I wanna be able to hold her in my arms and tell her I love her. I'd do anything for her. Anything. I didnt even read what this post was about im just typing stuff.

Anyway, she loves sex and has a couple of guy friends who...... Well make her theirs. She tells me she has feelings towards me and she wants me to be hers and to call me her boyfriend.

I dont believe in realationships or being tied down to another person at such a young age. Of course shes the only exception. Even if we were in a relationship I know she would 'Cheat" on me with another person.

My advice, Youre young! You shouldnt have to deal with heartbreak at such a young age! Trying to be tied down with another person which you probably wont be with forever is kinda dumb. Have some fun! Meet people! Mingle around!

Meg

Reaction score
Website
freighttrains.tumblr.com
tumblr_m8ewfd18TJ1rdq8keo1_250.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini and CXR1037

japanarchist

Reaction score
I don’t think there is an easy way to get over a borken heart or being abandoned or betrayed. You have to carry on with your life, and eventually you will start to forget about them and the pain they caused.

One of the worst things you can do is try to numb yourself with drugs and boozs, you’re just delying the inevitable and destorying your body and life in the process. If you break a glass on your bedroom floor and cover it up with a rug....its still there, and it can still hurt you when you inevitably have to walk on it. As much as it sucks, pain and hardships helps us grow. Experience and embrace your emotions as they come, and as they eventually go. If you need to cry or be alone or angry then allow it to happen, but trying to suppress it isn’t helpful.

Learn from past relationships and apply that knowledge to new ones to make them better than the ones before. Remember that this too shall pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
probably corny, but if you can, make something with it. write a song or several, poetry, or anything really. I feel like if you can face something down and wrestle with it till you create some you get power over it and it becomes easier to deal with.

Reactions: Koala

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads