How to get camping supplies/equitment for free:

Reaction score
I'm tight on fundz and thinking of urban spring camping in northern Ontario, so wondering, what is the best way to get everything I need for cheap or free? need mainly a cell foam pad, sleeping bags, wool blanket, etc. Already posted online ads for something and asked aquitances if they got anything. Thanks so much everybody!

K

Kim Chee

Some of those Churches hand out gear and clothes.

Ask somebody on the street this question, they probably are more knowledgeable of what is available in your neighborhood.

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
I've been given blankets at churches, also the salvation army are good for that and if you have the gumtree website in canada check that out as people give away stuff on there. a lot of the stuff I started out with was just things I found rummaging through bins and wandering about town. in my experience things do just tend to find there way to you when you're on the streets.

like others have said, if you talk to people on the streets where you are they'll be able to point you in the direction of local places that can help.

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
You're gonna want something to keep away the Black flies. Those things get crazy around this time of year. I remember passing through North Ontario last time and no matter how much bug spray I used, they would still come for you. Crawl up your clothes and all that. Peppermint keeps 'em away though. I ended up using toothpaste in a pinch. I was covered in grime but at least I smelled nice ahah :D

Some peppermint oil would be well worth the investment in my opinion though. Or maybe you can forage for some.

Reactions: urchin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads