Question - How does the anarchist's guide to travel compare to the vagabond bible? | Squat the Planet

Question How does the anarchist's guide to travel compare to the vagabond bible?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It's almost apples to oranges. I feel like Matt's guide is great for someone who's preparing to travel. There's a wealth of resources in his book to help get a person on the right track. I don't think it's a book I'd personally sacrifice bag space/weight to carry with me on the road but I think it's a great read before hitting the road. I think that's more or less the intention of the book too. I don't think it's the type of guide you refer back to frequently along your route. It seems more like information and prep. I haven't read Huck's guide but I believe it has railmaps and such in it right? So, that could be something maybe a person would use as a reference while traveling I suppose. But I've also heard it pales in comparison to the CCG if you're trying to use it in the same way.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Kikin i changed your title to something more descriptive.

i'm obviously biased since im the author of the AGT, but i think it's worth pointing out that my book is an actual, written book, with tips/tricks for surviving on the road organized into chapters and with wonderful illustrations. the vagabond bible on the other hand is just a collection of screen shots from various reddit posts turned into pdf files. so there's a pretty big difference between the two in terms of quality and the types of information.

im sure that sounds like im just talking shit on the VB, but it wouldn't hurt to read both, since you can never have too much information. my info is just much more organized.

Kikin

Reaction score
@Kikin i changed your title to something more descriptive.

i'm obviously biased since im the author of the AGT, but i think it's worth pointing out that my book is an actual, written book, with tips/tricks for surviving on the road organized into chapters and with wonderful illustrations. the vagabond bible on the other hand is just a collection of screen shots from various reddit posts turned into pdf files. so there's a pretty big difference between the two in terms of quality and the types of information.

im sure that sounds like im just talking shit on the VB, but it wouldn't hurt to read both, since you can never have too much information. my info is just much more organized.
Thank you for your valuable input and I think I will be getting a copy of rhe AGT

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Sameer

Reaction score
The Anarchist Guide to Travel he is a 'how to do it' book. Therefore it is a good book to purchase because it is timeless. It's also a fantastic read with some good humor.

Bushpig

Reaction score
I hope to pick up a copy of Matt's book eventually (once I have money. Brooke and looking for a job right now). I actually got to see a copy though during my trip! My friend's girlfriend (guess I can call her my friend now?) has a copy. Was shocked to see it when I visited them.

I'm not shilling for Matt, but it seems like a decent book.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads