How do you keep yourself amused while you're waiting doing nothing?

anyways

Reaction score
Waiting at a hop out spot, sitting on the sidewalk when it's dead, hitchin...etc.
How do you pass the time?

I for one really enjoy bending my head down and scratching furiously at my scalp to see what kind of dandruff and dirt and random shit falls onto my pants.
Plus it feels good.

Reading books is always good. Making music too:applaud:

And playing bounce with my rubber ball.

Your turn :D

BlewJ

Permanent traveler in a transitory world.
Reaction score
I like reading, going on walks, absorbing nature, people watching, "urban exploration", meditating, or sleeping.

P

Pheonix

make up new lyrics to nursery rhymes

she's a hoe, she's a hoe
it's of to work she goes
to suck and fuck and make a buck
she's a hoe, she's a hoe, she's a hoe

LarZ

Reaction score
Reading and writing are always good. I usually carry at least one craft of some sort to keep my hands busy on the curb as well as in the car with a ride; how often do rides actually have interesting things to say? rarely. How often do they talk the whole time? almost always.

Sometimes if it's really dead I'll get mostly out of sight and see how long I can make a joint last without it going out; that's one of those games where no matter what you still win :)

If it's still really slow I'll sometimes meditate, either right there by the curb or off a ways into some nature.

Also, I usually have my ipod with me so I have that option as well, or at least when it's charged; for that reason though I usually use it as a last resort.

farmer john

Reaction score
ballast fight!!!!!

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
If you have a crafting skill, which I don't, its always good to have the supplies on hand.
Activity books are good. Reading.
Its easy as hell to walk into a movie theatre. As long as you are fairly clean any way. You stand out too much if you have a couple weeks of funk on you and smell like a camp fire. It will also get you out of the heat/cold for a few hours.

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
Also, I usually have my ipod with me so I have that option as well, or at least when it's charged; for that reason though I usually use it as a last resort.

I've used laundromats to charge mine. Most of them are operated by one old lady that doesn't give a shit and won't bother you. I've also plugged shit in behind vending machines but that is a more risky option.

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i organize my pack and shit...play with my dog
eat some granola, roll some smokes while i dont have crazy wind,
make sure i have water, look for a better place to hide maybe,
play some guitar softly, take a small nap depending on time of night and how well i know yard...
hitchin.. i just play music and dance around and be really happy... you get ride like no other that way.

M

Monkeywrench

eKMWb.jpg

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i originally posted this on the most important peice of gear thread

games !!!!! cards, dice, uno, pen-n-paper 4 hangman and the like,crosswords, soduko,game boy, psp, tetris on a cell phone....etc......gotta have games.... me and my girl had travel scrabble(which i highly recommend) and played that shit every day..... they got travel versions of lotsa board games...just the right size 4 a lady to slip in a purse at bordersbooks...........picture a buncha kids all whiskeyed up under a bridge playin old maid( or DnD)......classic

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads