How do i get from europe to america without being noticed/having to show id etc...?

T

Tick Dickler

i am starting to wonder if this is my only option. the first thing that comes to mind is by boat, but i dont know if its doable. also, if i get in trouble with the police, what would happen? would i get sendt back here? is there any control when going of the boat?
ive hopped a boat once before, but it was only a ferry.
hopefully one of you guys have done this.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm not going to ask why you want to do this, but I have to say that if you want to get to america, you should really do it legally, unless you have a really good reason for not doing so. It's infinitely easier.

Now, that aside, your only real chance of doing something like this is finding someone with a boat to sail you across the ocean. Once you get within a certain distance you could get dropped off via dinghy without much chance of getting caught. Of course, it's going to be really hard to find someone that's willing to do this for you.

okay, im going to go back on my previous statement and ask why you can't do this legally? i just have a feeling that your situation isn't nearly as bad as you think (to need to do something like this). feel free to pm me if you want to keep it private.

Reactions: Zeke42
T

Tick Dickler

I'm not going to ask why you want to do this, but I have to say that if you want to get to america, you should really do it legally, unless you have a really good reason for not doing so. It's infinitely easier.

Now, that aside, your only real chance of doing something like this is finding someone with a boat to sail you across the ocean. Once you get within a certain distance you could get dropped off via dinghy without much chance of getting caught. Of course, it's going to be really hard to find someone that's willing to do this for you.

okay, im going to go back on my previous statement and ask why you can't do this legally? i just have a feeling that your situation isn't nearly as bad as you think (to need to do something like this). feel free to pm me if you want to keep it private.

nah no need for that. im basicly imprisoned here. i could wait a certain amount of years to do it legally, but thats waisting my life. i know this just sounds like another bitch ass kid who wants to run away because its "cool", but i dont wanna be a "real street punk", or any of that stuff. i just wanna travel. i want to fucking travel the world. its the only thing i want and i cant do this. laws here in norway are weird and complicated.

im sure you can relate. btw this forum is great. thanks for making a place where i actually have a chance to meet like minded people.

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. That would drive me insane. I think you should follow your instincts but why do you have to come to America? I bet there's a lot of rad places in Europe you haven't seen right? Although INTERPOL might be up your ass since you're still in EU, huh?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
are you legally not allowed to leave norway?

T

Tick Dickler

are you legally not allowed to leave norway?

more or less.
ive always traveled as much as i could.
i quit school to travel, but they dont want me to leave as it might put my hometown in a bad light. (unbelivable right?). i dont think this is the real reason but its what ive been told.
+ my parents will most likely get the cops on my ass when i try to leave.
basicly the governement wants me to work for something called nav. its doing paperwork and shit, and then in a couple years i may be allowed to leave this place. its like a fucking concentration camp. fuck man, i need to be out there traveling.

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Assuming you really want to travel in your own country i would suggest you just get your gear together and hit the road under the cover of darkness.If you really really wanna hit the road no one can stop ya.

Only person that can stop ya is yourself really.

Unless if you are a minor then id suggest you wait till ya are legal then you can do as you please.

Reactions: Thorsclonebro
T

Tick Dickler

And hell if i could trade my citizenship away for yours i would in a heartbeat.I'm burned out traveling this country and want to branch out which i am working on making that happen.
guess we feel the same way then. being a hobo in scandinavia is not accepted though. its illegal actually. they are not fond of travelers here, and are extremely racist.

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
You should take bl3w's advice and wait till you're not a minor and then go. Cause being a minor will make it 10x worse for you man. Once you're 18 or whatever is considered an adult in Norway, no one can stop you.

kecleon

Reaction score
Europe is awesome and you're free to travel without borders or restriction. I get the appeal to go as far as possible but there are places here that'll feel a million miles from Norway. But how old are you? I agree with the other advice to wait till you aren't a minor as hard as that may be.

Reactions: Matt Derrick
T

Tick Dickler

Europe is awesome and you're free to travel without borders or restriction. I get the appeal to go as far as possible but there are places here that'll feel a million miles from Norway. But how old are you? I agree with the other advice to wait till you aren't a minor as hard as that may be.

im 16. i actually think i wrote 18, but i always do that when signing up for forums without thinking so i wont be restricted from viewing 18+ material. europe can be awesome, yes, but theres such a big problem with the language barrier. ive travelled through portugal a bit also, it was nearly impossible. i have no friends. the only friends ive ever had have been while traveling. every thing just seems to work out once i get on the road. i dont want to waste 2 more years working or going to school. also where in europe are you from?

kecleon

Reaction score
I get you on the language thing. I mean its difficult sometimes but you speak English and presumably Norwegian which should help, more languages come to you because the first is always most difficult.

I'm from Scotland but I live in the south of France right now. I think Norway is quite similar to Scotland in many ways. The south here is amazing, warm, blue skies, scenery, friendly people, a lot to keep you busy, amazing lakes forests mountains beaches and everything in between all in one place with one of the nicest climates in Europe.

England Ireland Scotland Wales all speak English but it wouldn't be much of a change of scenery. All of the big city's of Europe and the world a lot of people will always speak English.

In Holland most of people you meet speak English. French, english spanish and Italian languages are all close to each other once youre surrounded by it for a few weeks you start being able to figure it out. In Germany a lot of people speak English as well. I just don't worry. I've been through some of eastern Europe, I can hardly pronounce one word and can't even read their alphabets but you always find a way.

Of course Scandinavia most people speak English as well but I guess you don't want to hang around there. with a phone you have instant translations offline also. So I wouldnt let language be a barrier. It makes everything more interesting.

I left when I was 16, I was scared for a while at borders and what have you but once I took a few planes and had my id checked by police and at borders I realised no one cares. I thought they might ask like permission from my parents or whatever but no. Of course I had no one calling the police saying I'm missing or anything. Would you? I don't know when you are legally allowed to make your own decisions in Norway. If it's a problem maybe you can find something online and convince your parents to let you go and do it. A charity or something in a country youd like to travel.

T

Tick Dickler

I get you on the language thing. I mean its difficult sometimes but you speak English and presumably Norwegian which should help, more languages come to you because the first is always most difficult.

I'm from Scotland but I live in the south of France right now. I think Norway is quite similar to Scotland in many ways. The south here is amazing, warm, blue skies, scenery, friendly people, a lot to keep you busy, amazing lakes forests mountains beaches and everything in between all in one place with one of the nicest climates in Europe.

England Ireland Scotland Wales all speak English but it wouldn't be much of a change of scenery. All of the big city's of Europe and the world a lot of people will always speak English.

In Holland most of people you meet speak English. French, english spanish and Italian languages are all close to each other once youre surrounded by it for a few weeks you start being able to figure it out. In Germany a lot of people speak English as well. I just don't worry. I've been through some of eastern Europe, I can hardly pronounce one word and can't even read their alphabets but you always find a way.

Of course Scandinavia most people speak English as well but I guess you don't want to hang around there. with a phone you have instant translations offline also. So I wouldnt let language be a barrier. It makes everything more interesting.

I left when I was 16, I was scared for a while at borders and what have you but once I took a few planes and had my id checked by police and at borders I realised no one cares. I thought they might ask like permission from my parents or whatever but no. Of course I had no one calling the police saying I'm missing or anything. Would you? I don't know when you are legally allowed to make your own decisions in Norway. If it's a problem maybe you can find something online and convince your parents to let you go and do it. A charity or something in a country youd like to travel.

i can definitely relate to you. you are lucky if you were able to leave when you were 16. the cops will most likely come after me if i try to leave. if i get to america or something, then i can live there until im 18. after that im free to go. if i get caught though, its going to make everything 100 times harder.

now that i think of it, finding something online might actually be the best option, as i can just "disappear" and avoid the cops in america. i dont know but i think it would be easier to avoid them there than back here.

kecleon

Reaction score
Nah not really so lucky. I mean I don't completely regret it but it's difficult. i ended up getting arrested went to prison which wasn't good and just let a lot of people who were shit to me think they were right about me even though anyone would've done what I did. I was forced to waste 5 years in prison and on probation.

Working on your parents, getting out of norway and doing something not so bad as the nav sounds good. Some kind of volunteer thing in the states or wherever. Hope it works out for you one way or another.

T

Tick Dickler

Nah not really so lucky. I mean I don't completely regret it but it's difficult. i ended up getting arrested went to prison which wasn't good and just let a lot of people who were shit to me think they were right about me even though anyone would've done what I did. I was forced to waste 5 years in prison and on probation.

Working on your parents, getting out of norway and doing something not so bad as the nav sounds good. Some kind of volunteer thing in the states or wherever. Hope it works out for you one way or another.

man 5 years sounds terrible. what did you do? just so i can avoid doing the same thing.

kecleon

Reaction score
I did nothing any normal person wouldn't do I just protected my friends who couldn't protect themselves it was a whole load of bullshit not worth going into. I didn't even hurt anyone.

T

Tick Dickler

I did nothing any normal person wouldn't do I just protected my friends who couldn't protect themselves it was a whole load of bullshit not worth going into. I didn't even hurt anyone.

oh i see man. i feel you. even though not nearly as bad, whenever i try to stand up for people im always the one who gets the shit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads