hobo code patches (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
in all my travelling ive seen 3 maybe 4 old hobo codes written in the wrong place for what they were meant to actually mean. as far as im concerned its pretty much a dead thing with people having cell phones and gps and what not. i googled this page and at the bottom it says these are "modern" day codes, but again ive never seen a single one of these anywhere and wouldnt trust them either way. as cool as the old codes were its pretty much a thing of the past at this point.

http://weburbanist.com/2010/06/03/hoboglyphs-secret-transient-symbols-modern-nomad-codes/

Lob

Lurker
Current Location
Colorado Springs
I kinda figured . i remember. Being told about these old shool stencils and symbols used as a way to communicate. Your right though with phones and gps its a dead. Language so to say. Still i want to read up on it. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the quick reply by the way. Im pretty green to this site and so far everyone has been so on point here. I was looking to facebook groups for info but this site is a game changer for me. Dont get me wrong theres a few good groups on fb but the information this site has is fucking massive . im hitting the road in 2 weeks then im making my way to slab city . im coming from NY and i have a few stops but ill be at the jamboree this october for sure. Again thanks for the link

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
I kinda figured . i remember. Being told about these old shool stencils and symbols used as a way to communicate. Your right though with phones and gps its a dead. Language so to say. Still i want to read up on it. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the quick reply by the way. Im pretty green to this site and so far everyone has been so on point here. I was looking to facebook groups for info but this site is a game changer for me. Dont get me wrong theres a few good groups on fb but the information this site has is fucking massive . im hitting the road in 2 weeks then im making my way to slab city . im coming from NY and i have a few stops but ill be at the jamboree this october for sure. Again thanks for the link
not a problem at all bud, welcome to the site! and right on for heading to the jambo im sure youll get to meet a bunch of folks there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Matt Derrick People & Cultures 24
ellilis General Banter 14
Everymanalion General Banter 3
absurdtoast Train Hopping 91
Dameon Train Hopping 26

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Reminder: Friday night on Coast to Coast am radio show: Haunted Trains!
Friday - Haunted Trains / Open Lines
Matthew Swayne
There's a meme called SPEED KIRB. You're welcome.
Finally printed up physical copies of my hitchin' story! Cover art by @spiffypairofspoons on instagram. I added some doodles and stuff to help with formatting, and I'll be carrying copies of these when my band goes on tour in the spring!

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE
gkyuguhilhhjkbkjgyvhgcdtrs56t7y89u0ipklnbhrtyujnutrefr7yjnkihw tov hhtol