Hitchwiki, as good as we make it. | Squat the Planet

Hitchwiki, as good as we make it.

shabti

Reaction score
So I'm on my first long term road trip since joining the site. We went through all of northern Cali, and It was my first time hitching. A lot of really cool people and experiences, but there was one thing that stuck out to me:

how obsolete most of the info on Hitchwiki is,
and
how perfectly stp members are positioned to edit the wiki with more accurate information.

Look how many of the regions for california are in red, meaning no info at all:

http://hitchwiki.org/en/California

Anyway, I felt like updating the wiki with some of the stuff I learned about Mendocino and Lake Counties while I was up there.

Thought I'd try to see if anyone knows good hitch spots, or tips, or whatever for the places they know best.

:) thanks!

-shabti

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i agree that more people should take the time to add info to that site, i'm a very busy person, but i'd like to add some stuff when i have time, as they're doing the whole wiki thing much better than we could.

Reactions: shabti

shabti

Reaction score
I haven't had time to sit and update anything man. I feel you on that Matt. Just got a job, so I'm crashing on a couch and saving up for better gear. Probably sit down and edit the wiki before my next trip north. :) thanks for helping guys :)

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads