hitching by cop

JoshyWashy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
after a concert in bonner springs, me and my cousin walked up to a gas station with a cop parked there and asked him for a ride down the highway to my house and he was just like "sure, give me a sec" and went back to smoking his cigarette and hitting on the gas station attendant for a minute then took us home.

whaleofashrimp

Reaction score
i do it all the time because if i cant get a ride after 3 hours im not going to sit on the side of on ramp playing with my dink so i start walking ...the trick is..is no matter how freaked out or miserble u are..always b smiling..b cheerful..act innocent..naive..and dont ask for the ride..the less u ask the more they give

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I cannot count on both hands the number of times that a cop has picked me up - after the cursory warrant check and rarely a pat down they are usually more than happy to take you to the edge of there jurisdiction/zone.

Even had them buy me food/pay ferry tolls/busfare/even beer!!!

vandalette

Reaction score
Last time me and my boyfriend got a ride from a cop was when we got pulled us off our train that stopped in an intersection. We were so confused on why it stopped right there. Trying our hardest to be incognito in the second to last grainer car with all the honking impatient cars. But someone called the cops reporting that we were on the train. The cop pulls us off and we see a shit load of black smoke from the front of the train, it had apparently caught on fire! The cop was cool and said he didn't care we were on there but couldn't let us back on and drove us 40 miles to the next truck stop. He was pushin 80 the entire time. It was a pretty bad ass ride.

vagabond719r

Reaction score
Late again: My road dog I were in Rifle Colorado along I 70 and got picked up by a judge. He drove us into Green River. Another time, early in the morning after a night of bottle after bottle of Thunderbird, I found myself with half my clothes ripped off and bruises, still wreaking of wine. When I realized that hitchhiking practically nude, I hailed a cop down, and instead of giving me a ride, he took me to jail and gave me a jumpsuit. It sucked because it was a Friday, in small town Bama.

RideMoreTrains

Reaction score
it depends on what part of the country i am in. down south where i mostly hang cops can be a hassle while hitchhiking. i had a local cop in Alabama make we walk to the next town which was roughly 15 miles away. he said if he caught me with my thumb out i was going to jail, and he road by about every 10 minutes. i still flung my thumb out anyway, and eventually went in the woods for the night and ended up getting a ride the next day. i've had similar incidents happen to be in Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina, however I have also had cops give me rides in all those states too. On numerous occasions I have had state troopers drive me 1 or 2 hours down the road, or all the way down the stretch of highway they patrol which sometimes can be a long ride. i had local cops in South Carolina give me a ride to one town, and when i got to the next town he called that department, and i got a ride from them too. i'd say i get a ride from 2 out of every 10 cops that stop me while hitchhiking. The rest just run my name and tell me to keep hitching, or kick rocks and start walking. When they stop me i always half jokingly ask for a ride and surprisngly sometimes it works if you just let them do there thing without to much hassle.

He was pushin 80 the entire time. It was a pretty bad ass ride.
yeah every ride i have ever got from a state trooper they would push 80-90 mph. its funny because they'll speed and then complain about everyone else driving slow. its also cool when they let you sit in the front seat and they have there huge fucking shotgun holster right beside you. never had one turn on the lights for me even though i always ask.

BLEVE

Reaction score
ive gotten lots of rides from cops. most interesting probably was when the dude i was with had 80 doses (of L) in his pack and i a nice bag of greens. talk about a tense ride.. longest 30mins of my life. cop was totally chill tho.

stove

Reaction score
The two cool rides I've picked up from cops...(the ONLY two)

A county sherrif in Montana picked me up walking at night into a canyon and dropped me at a camping spot. I swore that I would be fine, it was maybe 10 degrees out...He probably would have driven me to Bozeman, but I was a dumbass.

I was trying to hitch out of Pecs, Hungary to Budapest with this Hungarian chick I know. Well she kinda screw up direction and we ended up at this onramp in the middle of fuckall nowhere, surrounded by cornfields after walking and hitching for maybe three hours in the sun. It's getting dark and this cop car pulls over. The two cops explain to my friend (In Hungarian) that they are dropping off a prisoner, and if we are still there in like two hours, they'll give us a lift.
Two hours and maybe three cars later, running in circles to avoid killer mosquitos, they come back. Without a pat, an ID check, or anything, they let us just hop in- Zsuzsanna in front, one of the cops in the back with me. We had our packs. They didn't speak a WORD of English, but were really chill and bought us dinner, and asked a guy to drive us they other 150km (they had taken us 150kms already or so).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads