Hitchiking Guide

Dameon

Reaction score
I don't really think much of the guide. A lot of the information on it is bad info, I think. Heck, I got more than 2000 miles under my belt in the last two months without ever leaving the Northwest US, and that was taking it slow.

kai

Reaction score
i've noticed that most of the time I've ever seen a How-to of hitchhiking or a zine or a book it was always written by someone who had maybe one or two trips equalling up to a 1000 or 2000 miles. They were usually full of information that seemed pretty pointless and advice that made no sense or had no real pertinence.

I always thought hitchhiking was pretty common sense....take bus/walk/bike to on-ramp/edge of town. Stand where people can see you...hold out sign if you wish...get in car.

I am excluding a whole world of variables here but do a couple 4 or 5 thousand mile jaunts and you'll start to get the hang of it.

Reactions: Darion

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads