High School!

wartomods

Reaction score
Get the paper.GED,or regular,get the paper.Doesn't seem worth a S**T right now,but like any tool;it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.I know it sounds bulls**t,but take it from somebody that barely made it out in 1976,it's a useful tool.And whatever skills you gather after,they are all yours.I even managed to wind up teaching for 6 months,and like to think that I made a difference.

what did you teach

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I say drop out and get your GED later honestly. That is if your smart enough to pass it later on after the mind melting booze, bud, and other fun drugs on the road.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i dropped out 2 weeks b4 graduation (wasn't gonna pass anyways). i just did not agree with the idea of having to sit inside all day long, only to have to go Home and do more hours of schooling. fuck that. so i never did homework...
Last week i finally finished taking my ged tests that i'd been putting off.

If I could do it again, i'd drop out of highschool much much earlier, and began taking some college classes while at home.

i prefered homeschooling when i did that for a year and a half. i didn't appreciate anything i was "learning" that they forced us to sit in class and study. and as far as socially goes...my school was very homophobic and i was very shy so i had few friends and hated it.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yeah it seemed I would either intimidate people, or they would only talk to me to be seen with the "punk rock chick." other than that, i spent a year in independent study, a year in a juvinial high school, and about 3 months in a normal school.

pillowtron

Reaction score
i finished high school, didnt want to but stuck in there and finished. Sometimes i wish i would have dropped out...but now that i've been done with it for a bit it doesnt seem to be that big of a deal to me. dropping out/ged/hs diploma....seems like they all work out the same anyways.

Nym

Reaction score
i dropped out
and sadly
regret that choice
i went to a high school
that was very racialy divided
and it sucked teacher wise
i could have taught better then them

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
I graduated and kinda wish I didnt. I could've seen and done a lot more but I was pretty much on probation until I graduated so I don't think I could've done and seen more without having more legal troubles. Never did get my diploma though. They day of my graduation ceremony was the day I rode my first train ha

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads