Hi everyone. I have a question and want to talk a little... | Squat the Planet

Hi everyone. I have a question and want to talk a little...

intrepid

Reaction score
I'll start with a question. What should I do?
16 year old boy, living in a rich town with a high school that is acedemically superior(my family is not particularly rich, but above average overall, poor compared to friends) this town is very safe, peaceful bubble on the shore. It is quite unrealistic, but I don't even know that for sure since I've never really been anywhere else like ever. I think everything is too peaceful. I've really been bored always of normal life and getting good grades for my mom, and always wanted some sort of catastrophe. And now, corona. The perfect catastrophe. But, I can't put my finger on what to do! And I'm sure later on when life is normal again I'll say to myself dhit! I should have done ____! I think squat the planet would be a nice place to ask about this and I hope many of you just filled in the blank in your head...please feel free to ask me any more questions about me. Say anything that comes to mind.

jessuschrist

Reaction score
When you ask “what should I do”... what do you mean exactly? Like, with your life? Or right now, to satisfy your boredom? Either way, you’re probs the only person who can answer that question for yourself.

Have you been looking forward to a catastrophe because it seems lawless? Like there are no rules anymore, and it feels freeing? Because I feel that. But the thing to remember is that there are no rules, even in times of “normalcy”. The rules that we perceive to be holding us back are easily breakable if you’ve got the courage for it. I’m not sure what kind of “thing” you want to accomplish during COVID, but if you want to break free from normal, you don’t need a catastrophe to do that. You just have to realize that there’s nothing really holding you back from living the life YOU want. (Also remember that even though the pandemic seems “exciting”, it’s also been a source of tragedy for millions of people, so romanticizing crisis could really turn some people off.)

That being said, finish school. Get good grades for YOURSELF, not just your mom. A diploma is a resource you can use later, so if you’re lucky enough to be able to thrive in that environment, don’t throw it away. And if school is boring, start thinking about how you can direct your learning towards living the life you want to live, whatever that means.

Anyway, hang in there kid. There’s a lot of excitement in this world, and either you’ll find it or it’ll find you real soon.

PukingPelican

Reaction score
I'll start with a question. What should I do?
16 year old boy, living in a rich town with a high school that is acedemically superior(my family is not particularly rich, but above average overall, poor compared to friends) this town is very safe, peaceful bubble on the shore. It is quite unrealistic, but I don't even know that for sure since I've never really been anywhere else like ever. I think everything is too peaceful. I've really been bored always of normal life and getting good grades for my mom, and always wanted some sort of catastrophe. And now, corona. The perfect catastrophe. But, I can't put my finger on what to do! And I'm sure later on when life is normal again I'll say to myself dhit! I should have done ____! I think squat the planet would be a nice place to ask about this and I hope many of you just filled in the blank in your head...please feel free to ask me any more questions about me. Say anything that comes to mind.
When you ask “what should I do”... what do you mean exactly? Like, with your life? Or right now, to satisfy your boredom? Either way, you’re probs the only person who can answer that question for yourself.

Have you been looking forward to a catastrophe because it seems lawless? Like there are no rules anymore, and it feels freeing? Because I feel that. But the thing to remember is that there are no rules, even in times of “normalcy”. The rules that we perceive to be holding us back are easily breakable if you’ve got the courage for it. I’m not sure what kind of “thing” you want to accomplish during COVID, but if you want to break free from normal, you don’t need a catastrophe to do that. You just have to realize that there’s nothing really holding you back from living the life YOU want. (Also remember that even though the pandemic seems “exciting”, it’s also been a source of tragedy for millions of people, so romanticizing crisis could really turn some people off.)

That being said, finish school. Get good grades for YOURSELF, not just your mom. A diploma is a resource you can use later, so if you’re lucky enough to be able to thrive in that environment, don’t throw it away. And if school is boring, start thinking about how you can direct your learning towards living the life you want to live, whatever that means.

Anyway, hang in there kid. There’s a lot of excitement in this world, and either you’ll find it or it’ll find you real soon.
Trust me brother,you will find out later in life when shit hits the fan that you would die for a peaceful place.Be thankful for having a decent place to grow up.I'm not trying to bring ya down,homie.I'm simply saying that things are hard for everyone right now.But as for your situation my advice is find something that brings you peace and get you a bit of chaos to break up the monotony.Having a diploma later will help when you're feet stop itching if you decide to hit the road when your 18 years old.Don't run away!There are fucked up people out there that may take advantage of you.Also by what you've said I'm sure you have decent parents that would be worried.Good luck and welcome to StP!

roughdraft

Reaction score
you definitely want to wait until you are 18 to roam, it just makes things less complicated.

so what to do with your semi-comfortable situation? Preparation of some kind will aid you in the long run, what are you going to have to offer?

how are you going to contribute in any given situation that you find yourself in? This is a big question, start thinking about it now

Reactions: PukingPelican

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads