Photos - Here's my Battlepack! | Squat the Planet

Photos Here's my Battlepack!

crow

Reaction score
hey so i wore this pack until it fell apart and the zipper completely broke.
when a friend hoooked me up with a new pack, and brother gave me a medical reserve pack, i saw an opportunity to keep mah beloved squirrel pack and went to work...

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

small though it is, this pack carries everything I need for daily life. all straps, pouches, and clips allow me to attach extra tools, tarps, and bags.

first, a new zipper was needed. had to sew on a whole new one.i'm particularly happy with making the clipp zipp cause i collect road junk (dont we all ?) and it worked out great.
no surprise zipper fails. yayyy
zipp.jpg
added a quick zip that leads to a mesh pocket and usually holds smoking supplies for quick get and stash ;)
zippstash.jpg

okay other things...
the pouches on the side allow quick access to tools for my bike, sewing kit, scissors, etc.

kidney.jpg
also had a problem carrying fragiles so, i made this 'kidney' which houses emergency glowstix, zippo fluid, and extra rag.

modded the side to hold a 2 liter bottle which is all 2liter.jpg the water one needs for the day. also holds a personal umbrella.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 414
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 457
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 452
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 435
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 399
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 419

crow

Reaction score
cheapass way to reinforce the edges which are too severe for patching... mechanics wire, zipper pulls, and superglue..it works
17.jpg
i love this pack cause it's suited to my needs and i can kick it around and not hurt it one bit. :)

also the straps hold a marker and emergency rain pouch for quick access
there's also a strike plate on the side,attached by mechanics wire.

crow

Reaction score
Sometimes, wire is a great item to have for strong repairs.
absolutely, and only a dollar usually.

If you strapped that to a frame youd be set all around
I've considered that. the pack sits on my back somcomfortably though, and with the chest strap, it moves with my body for climbing, running, and jumping.
terribly hot tho. I may attach a frame in the summer to keep from sweating to death :)

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Nice work, dig the bear patch..

Constantly doing repairs on my own pack, as it's been slowly falling apart since day one.. I've taken to salvaging materials like excess braided nylon and leather from random gloves laying around that I find for reinforcing weak spots and holes in the material. Zippers are another problem though, and luckily not had to do a whole lot in zipper repair. Seems to me that maybe the bigger, beefier the zipper construction is, the less likely they are to malfunction/disengage.

Would be interesting to see pics of a successful external frame combination, if you or anybody ever does it in the future, since I've also been thinking about doing that recently as well as how I would go about attaching it.

Reactions: crow

BadBoBo

Reaction score
When I "retired" From the road I ended up shredding my pack... I had all my friends sign it with a High Purity 44 marker. Aka its not washing out. I cut it into bits and mounted it on my wall. I look at it and often wonder how my old friends are doing. If they are still alive or on the road.

Now I have a house and a pool and I live the "american dream" But still some of my fondest memories are around a camp or a barrel fire drinking natty ice or cheap wine and sharing stories with good friends.

Stay Active and never stop growing.

crow

Reaction score
Love it! There's patches and tags from friends on packs that were lost and stolen.. They're "up here" though you know..
It's a truly cherished thing to hold on to to be sure. So you don't wake up one day and go.. was that real? lol

Reactions: BadBoBo

JanKrusz

Reaction score
Shit man ! Im going to do same mods on my Jansport even if it dosent fall apart . Most of this things look useful as fuck and those studs look awesome

BadBoBo

Reaction score
Love it! There's patches and tags from friends on packs that were lost and stolen.. They're "up here" though you know..
It's a truly cherished thing to hold on to to be sure. So you don't wake up one day and go.. was that real? lol

Nah I have enough scars from it to remember it. And as fun as a lot of it was the first part was fairly hellish. I do not hate myself that much to make something like that up :b

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads