Help meh decide school or travel

ayron

Reaction score
dude, follow your heart, it will never lead you astray, do what you want! it is perfect and divine as any other choice...i didn't go to school, im on the road, and not a day has past that i even could have regretted it :D

Bizaeea

Reaction score
Every time I've traveled, it's been either Greyhound or Amtrak. The only times I've technically hitched have been when I was walking down the highway and somebody stopped and offered me a ride. I actually never wanted to travel, at least not inside the country, but so many things happened in my life that I was forced to, and I ended up loving it. My plan right now is moving to a tourist town to save money in the summer, going and doing time to flatten my probation in the winter, since I wouldn't pay for that shit even if I had the money, and then finding two or three people to travel with next summer. But I've been through SoCal, Arizona, Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois(multiple times), Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and lived in Tennessee whenever I wasn't out somewhere, and did all this moving around in some time around a year and a half. I hated it at first, but when I got back to TN, I sat around for a week and started wishing I was gone again, yet I've been here a year. So in response to everyone saying you might not like it as much, you might end up loving it more than anything like I did.

Also, if you're ever around East TN and need a place to rest for a few days, hit me up. I'll be staying in a weekly rental hotel room, but a place to crash is a place to crash.

r3353

Reaction score
If you've ever wondered, "Is the grass REALLY greener on the other side?" Than you have your answer. But if your content chewing cud that may or may NOT be the freshest available. Dont bother. School can get you far in life(ive heard), or it may all be waste ov time. As previously stated. All i can recommend is that you toss a coin, draw straws, or open Schroedingers cat box. Only an indecisive life is wasted. Good luck on any decision you make and "may the force be with you."

M

Mouse

going to school doesn't mean you're gonna be stuck with doing one thing your whole life.

I've hitched and hopped and had my fun, came back and am in school. education ain't nothing to laugh at.

i always suggest - Go have fun. Come back when you're 24 and get school paid for (that's the cut off age for having to file for federal aid w/ your parents tax info.. you get a ton of free money to use toward school at that point.)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads