letsrollok

Reaction score
i just moved out of the bay because my rent was over $1000 a month (considered a steal there by most conventional standards there).

but screw that. I want to live there (my bandmate is there as well as all of my artist contacts and friends) and I can't afford/don't want to live there conventionally anymore. I am looking for a) a place to squat, crash, or share, and b) new friends to start to start a community with.

I'd be down with sharing an apartment with folks (it has to be really cheap tho), joining a co-op either as a sort-of satellite member or full housemate, doing a live-work trade, or (ideally) squatting. I have experience living, shall we say, "unconventionally" and living in a co-op, and I want to be in a radical community again! I have contacts in the Bae, as well as local knowledge, so if you want to be a partner-in-crime, or let me join your group, please hit me up. I don't want to do this alone again as I am cis-female presenting and don't want to take certain risks.

Also, if you have any local knowledge or advice you want to share, or you're in the area and just wanna say 'hi,' please hit me up with that as well. much love to you all and thanks for reading

Last edited:

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
omg i would probably burn the fucking place down.... good luck finding a squat, i hope you are accompanied by some great people on your journey and you all are successful. LOve

Time4Change

Reaction score
Man I feel your pain, we were sharing a 1 bedroom APARTMENT in the east bay for $2,000 a month. Just moved out of that town to a split payments with family in a cheaper part of the bay area but as you know it's still never cheap here in the bay - super curious to here about communal communities around here. Been looking for a change of pace the last few month.

Reactions: letsrollok

kylework

Reaction score
I'm also in the east bay paying about 1000/month. Would love to squat- have done it once before (for about 3 months) in Vermont. I hear that there are some abandoned buildings in north Oakland (on 59th Street.) One of my buddies just lost his place so is living in a car, I think he's interested in squatting too. Give me a shout if you're still in the area and trying to do this, we can explore and try to find abandoned properties. Also a good resource place is the long haul infoshop located in Berkeley (it is an anarchist/radical left/activist resource center.) I also have heard that there is a group called east bay homes not jails that meets at Omni commons in Oakland. It is a group devoted to providing info on squatters rights- I'm not sure when they meet however.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads