headin to alaska on a motorcycle from vt | Squat the Planet

headin to alaska on a motorcycle from vt

Reaction score
so im heading to alaska from vermont in april on a motorcycle... already crossed the country three times (same trip florida to california to vt) but if you have any advice on alaska/canada/ anything id love to hear it also if you want to ride with me be happy for the company....

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
are you going via BC/Yukon or taking the ferry up through southeast from Bellingham? I really recommend riding the ferry up (or on your way back down) if you've never done it. Incredible views of the inside passage and you can pitch a tent on the stern deck and camp out, for no extra charge.
ferry.jpg
ferry1.jpg
ferry2.jpg

Reaction score
well i dont think i was clear enough they need to bring there own bike/ scooter/ something that does more than fifty mines not very big and hate carrying passengers it makes the bike harder to control/ more risk to both of us i can think of about 10 times i would have laid my bike down on my last trip if i had a less experienced passenger or a passenger that wasnt paying attention... had a couple people push me out of my lane and onto the shoulder one guy got his mirror kicked off (i tried for his passenger side window to but he sped away)... anyways i will definitly check out that ferry

Reactions: Tude

TMG51

Reaction score
Burlington VT eh? That was my town before I took off to live on the road. Had an apartment on King St. However I'm now in the southwest and have nothing helpful to contribute, sorry. Cool idea though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads