headin to alaska on a motorcycle from vt (1 Viewer)

so im heading to alaska from vermont in april on a motorcycle... already crossed the country three times (same trip florida to california to vt) but if you have any advice on alaska/canada/ anything id love to hear it also if you want to ride with me be happy for the company....

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
are you going via BC/Yukon or taking the ferry up through southeast from Bellingham? I really recommend riding the ferry up (or on your way back down) if you've never done it. Incredible views of the inside passage and you can pitch a tent on the stern deck and camp out, for no extra charge.
ferry-jpg.28633
ferry1-jpg.28634
ferry2-jpg.28635

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
Be sure and tell people how much gear they will be limited to so you can help avoid disappointment.

Excellent offer, btw.

OP
moofasaorcasperorwhatever
well i dont think i was clear enough they need to bring there own bike/ scooter/ something that does more than fifty mines not very big and hate carrying passengers it makes the bike harder to control/ more risk to both of us i can think of about 10 times i would have laid my bike down on my last trip if i had a less experienced passenger or a passenger that wasnt paying attention... had a couple people push me out of my lane and onto the shoulder one guy got his mirror kicked off (i tried for his passenger side window to but he sped away)... anyways i will definitly check out that ferry

TMG51

Wanderer
Burlington VT eh? That was my town before I took off to live on the road. Had an apartment on King St. However I'm now in the southwest and have nothing helpful to contribute, sorry. Cool idea though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.