Have any of you ever had your ID ran for no reason?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Well long story short, i got hit with a misdemeanor 1 for possesion of a criminal instrument(knife) and a misdemeanor 3 for simple assault(said id stab someone with said knife but didnt do it but apparently words=assault) was my first offense, got 2 years probo. for it, ended up missing a check in for one reason or the other and now i have a warrant out for me in Philadelphia

Everymanalion

Reaction score
So i guess a VOP warrant in PA. Which i heard since possesion of a weapon is a serious misdemeanor it could get entered into the national database(NCIC)

Im trying to stay as far away from PA as possible haha.

Hobo Huck

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
You're good then...as long at isn't something like sexual assault, manslaughter, etc etc. When I left and hit the road, I was on 2 year probation and I left during my first year of it...I've never heard back. And that happened in Alabama, and I've even been searched and ID'd in Alabama about 4 years after that and nothing even came up. It's not a big deal really...courts and officers look at stuff like that and either throw it in the bak of a filing cabinet, or just ignore it. My warrants include public intox, possession of marijuana, trafficking and intent to sell, violation of probation, breaking and entering, trespassing, assault, and the list goes on. Like I said, I get checked by cops quite frequently...no troubles, unless I'm doing something really stupid. Most of the cops that are harassing boos and hitchhikers are looking for people that are on the run for really violent crimes..I'm not talking assault either, that's petty..I'm talking about rape, murder, escape from penitentiary, etc etc..

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Oh fuck dude honestly you just made my day, ive been going back and forth about leaving, im not the most healthy person at the moment and im nervous as fuck that be unable to travel so i wanted to do it while im relatively young, now i know i cant say what happends to you will happend to me but that does give me hope... Are you sure alabama isent just lenient on that kinda stuff? i heard PA is notorious for pursueing any little thing?

And do you have a drivers license or passport? did those warrants hinder you from getting either? do the cops even ask about them when you get get your ID ran? im assuming a few of those sound like felonies too.... thank you for any information dude seriously, ive posted about this twice this week trying to find someone else who is traveling on warrants.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Have you ever been actually taken to jail for those warrants and waited to see if the other states wanted to extradite? thats my biggest fear, i heard Philly more than likely wont come to Arizona to get me on a Simple Assault charge but they will make you wait until they heard back from them, up to 10 days in local each time hence why i asked how many times people got their shit ran.

Hobo Huck

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Alabama is certainly not more lenient than PA...we are one of the strictest when it comes to prosecuting bench warrants.

Funny you asked about passports, I just applied for mine last week and now im waiting for it to come in the mail.

Btw, 2 days ago I was stopped by a cop in alabama that knew me from the past. He ran my name and im clean, but he did say he remembered me having some warrants a few years ago...im pretty sure the warrant he was referring to was when I skipped out on probation 8 years ago

JAdams87

Reaction score
I for one do get my id ran quite often but i look like a criminal i have tattoos on my arms, in my ears. I also have a blood disorder that makes my heart rate a little high so i always seem a little nervous to cops and as for legality of hitchhiking and all that try this http://www.digihitch.com/usa428.html.

Reactions: Everymanalion
Reaction score
Last may i was in buffalo at the frontier yard, a buddy and i were about to cross the tracks, at the east throat by burgerking. We were about 100 feet away when two cars came out of no where, lights on and guns drawn ten seconds later there were 5 cars and 9 guns in our faces. They ran our names and told us to have a nice night. I asked why all of that was needed for, he just said it was a bad area, then proceeded to say he sees a lot of kids sleeping in the bushes we were headed for.... They knew exactly what we were doing and where we were going. They were probably just trying to teach some rookie how to frisk a bum. Who knows. But i get my id ran almost every time i fly a sign for any amount of time. Cops just like fucking with the dirty kids i guess.

P

Pheonix

i think the trick is not to just say NO! but ask the question am i obliged to do so? then say am i free to go? the answer to the first question will probably be no and the second will be yes. then walk off.. unless you have broken the law there is a good doc called "how to never get busted again" made buy a cop who changed his view on everything after he tried weed.. its about not getting busted with weed but covers allot of what you need to know, so i hope it helps.. i know you wont have weed on you but it will help / make you feel better about it.

the cop your talking about is Barry Cooper a former narcotics officer from Odessa,TX that made 2 videos called "never get busted again" and "never get busted 2 never get raided" I posted links to both videos in a thread once but that was a long time ago and I think it was lost with the upgrade to the video section (not sure). I feel I should put your info back into the context he meant it, by adding the fact that he was talking specifically about traffic stops which are alot different from hobo interrogations. It is nice to know your rights but that doesn't stop you from being harassed by the cops when you look like a hobo. Your gonna feel salty when you get to court and find out that you actually have to pay good money before those rights apply to you.

Psylock1045

Reaction score
I was stranded in Hagerstown, MD, trying to hitch on the freeway. State cop pulls over ( only car to pull over for me there...go figure ) and i explain that I'm stuck and trying to get to Baltimore. He asks for my ID, I explain that I lost it, but give him the DL#, and after a few minutes he tells me I can try thumbing on the ramp, but I can't stay on the freeway itself, then he drives off. No big deal. I have no priors, never even been put in cuffs before. ( outside the bedroom, anyway ;) ) so I have no issues telling them who I am. 9 times out of 10, politeness and honesty are the best bet with cops. They are more inclined to be cool and not give you any problems if you cooperate with them.

OstrichJockey

Banned
Reaction score
I was in Denham Springs, a shit little city outside of Baton Rouge, walking to work at 3AM a while back. Got stopped while walking on the shoulder of the road, "because it's suspicious". They insisted that I give them my ID, even though I wasn't being detained, or they would arrest me for resisting arrest. I said fuck it and gave them my ID, while informing them that they were the dumbest motherfuckers I had ever met. The obvious newbie kept quiet, standing at parade rest, and the older one started telling me about his long career and why he knows his laws: "I've been an officer in this city for 25 years and I'm a sergeant..." (Good job.)

So, they run my ID for the wrong state, and I hear coming over the radio: "We can't find anything for CamelJockey in South Carolina." And they inform me that I don't exist. "Try running it for the correct fucking state." They do, no warrants, they let me go...

I cross the street and start back walking to work. Seconds later, blue lights, "We are giving you a ticket for Pedestrian in the Highway, we are going to need your identification again." I take my ID out of my pocket, calmly called him a petty little bitch and get arrested for disturbing the peace. Lovely. We get to the police station and I get checked in, they tell me that I'm a "real cool guy" when I'm not cussing them out. All the officers were at the station because their shift was about to end and I start talking to a group of them that tell me, "It doesn't matter if you weren't detained, you have to provide your identification any time an officer requests it."

Anyhow, fuck the police, especially of the untrained redneck variety.

ironman

Reaction score
My freind and i was walking back from a store cop pulls up then back up ran our identification we cleared said they were looking for cell phon theif . what ever

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Lol! If you have never had your ID rand for no reason, I don't think you are doing this whole traveling thing right....

Get used to it. Especially if you are hitchhiking.

And I doesn't fucking matter if you don't have warrants. Just be civil to the cop. Don't admit you are homeless. And don't say you are hitching/hopping. Say you are "backpacking".

Gets me off Scott free everytime....

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You're not required to give the cop any info like that unles you're being detained. If they ask for it just ask if you're being detained or arrested and why.

This is not true. There are some, actually. Many, states that allow them to ask for I'd for any reason.

Do not refuse a cop ID, unless you have a damn good reason, or if you like going to jail. Because they will "detain" you if they can't identify you. Especially if they are looking for a suspect in a felony, and you happen to be the unlucky bastards that fits the description.

Seriously. Stop giving out this info. It isint true.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That actually happened in florida dude. If you act like an oogle and talk like a stupid dumbfuck then yeah, stating your rights etc wont work. If you sound like an educated, knowledgable person and act polite then you shouldnt have to worry all that much.

I'M sorry, but no.

I am educated. I have law enforcement training. And that is bullshit.

They will still ID you, or fuck up your day for not having it.

There are many states with laws that require you to carry ID and present it when asked.

Just don't be an ass and give the cop your ID. Unless you have something to worry about.

THEN try to talk your way out of it via civil rights. The 4th amendment. Ect.

See my above post....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads