Has anyone crossed the Rainey river from Canada to America or vise versa

Jbets88

Reaction score
IMG_8441.jpeg

Joey Garbanzo

Muscle of the DiPinto Crime Family
Reaction score
As in swim across? I don't reccomend it. 🤣
Get a passport and it shouldn't any more difficult than any other border crossing location.

Last edited:

pcflvly

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
Hypothetically and supposing you could row across on a moonless night, then maybe west of Rainy River from Pine Park. The biggest problem with crossing the river around there is that the US side is lined with homes. Lots easier to cross where you can walk and don't have to swim. Anyway, I used to cross at Warroad (with a passport) and I've been to Baudette a couple times. It's a cool town, home of the world's largest walleye.

pcflvly

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
As in swim across? I don't reccomend it. 🤣
Get a passport and it shouldn't any more difficult than any other border crossing location.

It's more difficult to get a Canadian passport than it is in the US. I think they have to get a relative to stand for them. Anyway, I believe in open borders. My mom crossed in 53. She didn't have a passport but she stayed, finally naturalizing in 1976.

Jbets88

Reaction score
Hypothetically and supposing you could row across on a moonless night, then maybe west of Rainy River from Pine Park. The biggest problem with crossing the river around there is that the US side is lined with homes. Lots easier to cross where you can walk and don't have to swim. Anyway, I used to cross at Warroad (with a passport) and I've been to Baudette a couple times. It's a cool town, home of the world's largest walleye.

Where is warroad? And where is baudette? I pm you

Jbets88

Reaction score
I'm not going to do a private conversation, thanks anyway. Honestly, if you can't figure out where these towns are then you probably shouldn't cross the border. I mean, it's right across the river from where you intended to cross. Definitely just get yourself a passport and book a tour...

Thanks

Joey Garbanzo

Muscle of the DiPinto Crime Family
Reaction score
I'm not going to do a private conversation, thanks anyway. Honestly, if you can't figure out where these towns are then you probably shouldn't cross the border. I mean, it's right across the river from where you intended to cross. Definitely just get yourself a passport and book a tour...

That's the point I was making when I said get a passport as well. Hard to expect to be spoon-fed info like this without any real contribution from the user requesting said info.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads