Gypsy Punk Rock And F**king Roll!

Reaction score
Tacoma - Federal Way - Kapowsin - Omak, Wa
Gogol Bordello is easily one o' my favorite bands, if not the most favoritest ever...
Some folks say they're too pop sounding, to folk sounding or they're too "mainstream"

But i like em, so i'll share there link, GOGOL BORDELLO on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I play mostly classical guitar and Eugene Hutz is the shit, in my mind, and my musical preferences, i like how he rocks out on such simple chords and makes it sound so fuckin' awesome

I also like how there's no more than 2 people in his band from the same place, everyone's from a different country, i also like well i like everything about teh band

If anyone has any type of Romani Gypsy bands, balkan, anything like that, let's here it, i want more music like tat' to practice with

Kaplakov Trio is a good romani band too:crew:

vegetarianathan

Reaction score
I saw Gogol Bordello live back in October with my girlfriend. I really like them on certain occasions, other times they're iffy. BUT they were invited to this punk house I used to go to after the show and were there for a good hour or so of after partying before they had to leave, which is pretty lame if it was only an hour, but still. I could have seen them if only I had stuck around another 5 minutes after the show.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
does anyone know of any similar bands?

BanMatt

Reaction score
Django Rheinhardt, one of the greats.
A friend of mine has several really good compilation albums with traditional gypsy romanian flamenco type of musicians on it.

paddymelt

Reaction score
does anyone know of any similar bands?

balkan beat box, guignol, devotchka, world inferno/frienship society, zydepunks, beirut, are just a few similar bands i can think of off the top of my head that are good but im sure there are tons of others

Nexa

Reaction score
traveling music can definitly have a "gypsy" sound, probably partly due to the embracing of nomadic culture. blackbird raum has a definite gypsy pirate feel. even erik peterson has some gypsy-esk music. there are lots of great traveling bands. heres a good website .cardboard.boxcar.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com

Stope

Reaction score
This reminds me, a few years back I was lucky enough to see Gogol Bordello live. Anyways, during the end of the show (which was crazy as hell) someone's GB jacket ended up on my head, and I decided to keep it. It's pretty thin, and a bit small, but it kicks so much ass.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads