Guatemala

carlylanea

la fille canadienne
Reaction score
I'm headed to Guatemala in about 24 days....from March 26-April 3. I'm going there to bring art supplies to impoverished children...I'm incredibly excited and this experience will definitely be reaaaalllly good for me.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew of any fun things to do while I'm there, or if anyone has any good traveler tips for that region?

Thanks bunches!!!

ridegnu

Reaction score
Thats wicked to hear. I never made it to Guat. while I was heading south, but got all the way to the border. The ecosystems and the jungle are unreal, my favorite thing by far, lots of water falls, and bugs aswell. Take bug spray, dont sleep on the jungle in the ground, watch the water. The people I met in Mexico from Guat. were unreal, they seemed to love to drum, you're gonna have a stellar time

Filth

Reaction score
both my parents are from guatemala and ive been there plenty of times

id suggest checking out Chiquimula and Izabal (especially the lake in Izabal)

i do suggest you dont go out alone at night, dont get to into politics there, and respect everyone cuz some people are rebels.(pretty much same rules as always-but in spanish-)

o and the ruins are fucking beautiful!!!!!!!!!

have fun and bring back pictures!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads