Growing a beard | Squat the Planet

Growing a beard

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
So I am growing out my beard trying to do a viking two point any tips for beard grooming my dad cant grow one but i sure can just never have so he is no help and i noticed a few members were sporting some good ones I am like 2 months in and have been trying to train it to grow a certain way by brushing it like 5 times a day i know there is a beard pomenate but i dont want grease in it cus i only use water and sand to bathe with soap root and baby powder for a clean fresh smell so any tips are appreciated on june 1st i started a no shaving or haircutting objective of 1 year

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Good luck with the beard, annoying as shit at first, and end. Been growing mine for like 9 months now, I am trying to get mine close to poisidens, still stuck on davey jones, got some shitty dreds in it to keep it contained other wise it looks like a mane for a lion. Rawr!

dprogram

Reaction score
Haven't shaved in a week or so and this shit always itches at this stage...how long does it take to stop itching? lol

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
Picture 002.jpg Picture 007.jpg Picture 005.jpg
30 days 45days 45days

bryanpaul

Reaction score
hahaha.....hells yeah...lookin like a lumberjack and shit..............

Reactions: Puckett

dprogram

Reaction score
Damn hippy! J/K Looks tough man. Before you know it the guys from ZZ Top will be jealous.

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
Coconut oil is brilliant for beards, I just rub some on my hands and massage it in every few days. It smells nice, keeps the beard healthy & shiny and moisturises it.It's great for your skin too.
Most shampoos are unsuitable for beards because sodium laureth sulphate (the foaming agent) dries them out too much and causes split ends, which leaves your beard looking very scraggy and crappy. Best to keep things simple. Herbal shampoos are good, I use a jojoba and seaweed one, but soapwort and spagnum moss does just as well in the woods.

On a more absurdist note:
If it gets really long you might want to keep a double-ended toothpick tucked away in it's recesses. It can be very amusing when some shit-head grabs you by your beard and gets spiked in the palm.

Here's a picture of my very scruffy beard. Apologies for looking like a serial killer.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6202/6084914453_11fedee1fa.jpg

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
ya dude i been using a african american orientated coconut hair product on it cslled clubman bay rum. it has kept it soft and moisturised. i dont use shampoo its very harmful to you and the environment. our current mass production soaps dry out the natural oils our bodys produce to protect ourselves from the elements and sun. and then they add wax to make us look like we would if we didnt use their products. Which we than have to use a product to remove it. very circular and designed to make us slaves to chemicals

plagueship

Reaction score
you just gotta ride out the itching. i don't know about bathing with sand but i wash mine with soap and/or shampoo on a regular basis or else it gets greasy/itchy/gross. i also trim it a little here and there so that the overall shape stays nice for my follicle pattern

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
if you smoke you can use the ash from your cigarette and rub it into your beard. the carbon keeps it soft and smooth and eaisier to work with. at least thats what my brother says and he has a sick beard.

Reactions: fleasandlice

LeeevinKansas

Banned
Reaction score
ya i am past all the itchy parts i am about where urs is in ur pik mine grows fast at first and than seems to hang out in the zak galifanakis stage for bout 3 months i have gone 5 mos b4

FUCKIN RIGHT!?? lmao.

everytime i got a good beard growing in the past id end up shaving it off for some gay reason.

but right man? ive had this thing growing now for like 3 months almost and its just stuck in the same position.

my number one problem is when ive got idle time on my hands and i subconsciously start munching on the thing. fuckin annoying. or twisting the thing this way and that. it looks small but i cant get the damn thing to grow man. its like going half a millimeter a day.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
man i've had a beard for about 2 yrs. i remember asking about beard maintenance a while back. it does ittch after a little while, and then it doesn't. then it itches again and you've got beard dandriff
a little longer than that, i started to get split ends and broken hairs.
i grabbed some type of cream called groom & clean from the black section of the hair dept of wal mart.
seems to be working great.

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
Suffered a horrible grooming accident this morning. I was trimming the beard and the height guard popped off and i cut into my beard had to shave a big portion off. I left a large goatee and am starting th beard again to grow into it. I have become obsessed with my beard. My wife thinks i am an idiot.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads