Growing a beard (1 Viewer)

Hometown
SEMO
Website
groups.yahoo.com
So I am growing out my beard trying to do a viking two point any tips for beard grooming my dad cant grow one but i sure can just never have so he is no help and i noticed a few members were sporting some good ones I am like 2 months in and have been trying to train it to grow a certain way by brushing it like 5 times a day i know there is a beard pomenate but i dont want grease in it cus i only use water and sand to bathe with soap root and baby powder for a clean fresh smell so any tips are appreciated on june 1st i started a no shaving or haircutting objective of 1 year

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

nivoldoog

Rambler
Hometown
Everywhere, No where
Good luck with the beard, annoying as shit at first, and end. Been growing mine for like 9 months now, I am trying to get mine close to poisidens, still stuck on davey jones, got some shitty dreds in it to keep it contained other wise it looks like a mane for a lion. Rawr!

OP
happyearthhomes
Hometown
SEMO
Website
groups.yahoo.com
ya i am past all the itchy parts i am about where urs is in ur pik mine grows fast at first and than seems to hang out in the zak galifanakis stage for bout 3 months i have gone 5 mos b4

Vonuist

Hometown
North Coast of Scotland
Website
trashwiki.org
Coconut oil is brilliant for beards, I just rub some on my hands and massage it in every few days. It smells nice, keeps the beard healthy & shiny and moisturises it.It's great for your skin too.
Most shampoos are unsuitable for beards because sodium laureth sulphate (the foaming agent) dries them out too much and causes split ends, which leaves your beard looking very scraggy and crappy. Best to keep things simple. Herbal shampoos are good, I use a jojoba and seaweed one, but soapwort and spagnum moss does just as well in the woods.

On a more absurdist note:
If it gets really long you might want to keep a double-ended toothpick tucked away in it's recesses. It can be very amusing when some shit-head grabs you by your beard and gets spiked in the palm.

Here's a picture of my very scruffy beard. Apologies for looking like a serial killer.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6202/6084914453_11fedee1fa.jpg

OP
happyearthhomes
Hometown
SEMO
Website
groups.yahoo.com
ya dude i been using a african american orientated coconut hair product on it cslled clubman bay rum. it has kept it soft and moisturised. i dont use shampoo its very harmful to you and the environment. our current mass production soaps dry out the natural oils our bodys produce to protect ourselves from the elements and sun. and then they add wax to make us look like we would if we didnt use their products. Which we than have to use a product to remove it. very circular and designed to make us slaves to chemicals

plagueship

Hometown
the desert
you just gotta ride out the itching. i don't know about bathing with sand but i wash mine with soap and/or shampoo on a regular basis or else it gets greasy/itchy/gross. i also trim it a little here and there so that the overall shape stays nice for my follicle pattern

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Hometown
the roads of america
ya i am past all the itchy parts i am about where urs is in ur pik mine grows fast at first and than seems to hang out in the zak galifanakis stage for bout 3 months i have gone 5 mos b4
FUCKIN RIGHT!?? lmao.

everytime i got a good beard growing in the past id end up shaving it off for some gay reason.

but right man? ive had this thing growing now for like 3 months almost and its just stuck in the same position.

my number one problem is when ive got idle time on my hands and i subconsciously start munching on the thing. fuckin annoying. or twisting the thing this way and that. it looks small but i cant get the damn thing to grow man. its like going half a millimeter a day.

OP
happyearthhomes
Hometown
SEMO
Website
groups.yahoo.com
i understand it seems to go real slow after the first 2 inches i keep having to trim what would be my side burns in order to keep it looking even or else they would be like 5 inches long

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Hometown
ga
man i've had a beard for about 2 yrs. i remember asking about beard maintenance a while back. it does ittch after a little while, and then it doesn't. then it itches again and you've got beard dandriff
a little longer than that, i started to get split ends and broken hairs.
i grabbed some type of cream called groom & clean from the black section of the hair dept of wal mart.
seems to be working great.

OP
happyearthhomes
Hometown
SEMO
Website
groups.yahoo.com
Suffered a horrible grooming accident this morning. I was trimming the beard and the height guard popped off and i cut into my beard had to shave a big portion off. I left a large goatee and am starting th beard again to grow into it. I have become obsessed with my beard. My wife thinks i am an idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Beautiful day to be alive and listen to the birds chirp, remembering to be grateful for what we have and not worry about what we have not.
Healthy in PDX. Back here after years to keep track of those bugging out and to check in on those still on the road.
Just found out my neighbor died. One day I'm helping him change his starter, the next he's gone. Just walked around inside his house. That would be the first time I have smelled death. The eeriest though was that the UPS guy still left him a package. PS He was a big John Wayne fan!! RIP Rick!
SIX10 wrote on Cussock's profile.
whatz your avatar from?? looks sick
Twin cities folks, anybody looking to go out, maintain a respectable distance, and explore something this Friday night?
Committed phone memory to two of these guys albums just last night, after not listening to them for years. Found out today that one of em died just two days prior.
They fathered ebm in 1981 -the same genre of industrial that NIN brought to the mainstream over 10 years later.

Dude thinks he's gonna "make a deal" with the virus.

It's like a virtual pact with *Satan*.👹 Maybe if he sacrifices all the helpless ones to the thing, the devil will just let him be? Let him keep his status, his presidency, his supporters?

Members online