Photos getting the most out of your razor (1 Viewer)

lone wolf

Pilgrim
started doing this about a year ago. was fed up with going through so many razors. the plastic guard is completely unnecessary. the only part of the guard that is important is the sides near the corner of the blade.

this is what you need:

img_20170715_182805893-jpg.38084_getting the most out of your razor_Weapons & Tools_Squat the Planet_4:13 PM

a single blade disposable (dual blades will still clog) and pliers.

img_20170715_183011599-jpg.38085_getting the most out of your razor_Weapons & Tools_Squat the Planet_4:13 PM

best to leave it in the sun for a few minutes to soften the plastic then carefully remove the plastic just below the blade, without damaging the corner guard or blade.

img_20170715_183215372-jpg.38086_getting the most out of your razor_Weapons & Tools_Squat the Planet_4:13 PM

it's very important the plastic still covers the corner of the blade.
after this razor hack you can shave a full beard with ease. you can also sharpen your razor on the backside of a leather belt.

i haven't fully tested how long i can make one blade last. i imagine a year or two, the real benefit is a better shave.

Last edited:
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

thegrapsman

Current Location
california
Neat trick, definitely useful.
But if you can shell out like 18 bucks, you can get a reusable safety razor at target. They use one blade that you can flip around using both sides of the blade. They are difficult to learn at first, but if you get it down you can get many usages out of the blades. The blades are cheap as well, 4$ a 5 pack but you can use both sides of the blades so that's like 10 shaves. But the box is also tiny so if you don't got the 4$... You know what's up. haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Hitched into Quebec City, got a free wristband to a music festival with The Offspring and Blink-182 playing!! Good times, now off to Charny, back on the rails!
'All I know is that I dont know nothin'
Fillmore, California... California is the ultimate shithole..!!!
how many of you get inspired when you watch 'into the wild'??? i know it always makes me want to hit the road.
Faceplant wrote on NotmybestNotmyworst's profile.
Come here, let me give you a big, loving hug. But don’t pick up the soap.
Looking for folks in Nyc, tips also welcome!
Im absolutely alone (aside from my dog) because EVEN HERE i have to deal with cunts like you.
NotmybestNotmyworst wrote on Faceplant's profile.
Call me fucking lazy again!
dumpsternavel wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
What's with the "reacting to your own content is cheating" when it comes to rating other's comments on personal posts??

Members online

No members online now.