1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Photos getting the most out of your razor

Discussion in 'Weapons & Tools' started by lone wolf, Jul 15, 2017.

1. lone wolf

lone wolf Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Address:
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +205 / -4
    started doing this about a year ago. was fed up with going through so many razors. the plastic guard is completely unnecessary. the only part of the guard that is important is the sides near the corner of the blade.

this is what you need:

IMG_20170715_182805893.

a single blade disposable (dual blades will still clog) and pliers.

IMG_20170715_183011599.

best to leave it in the sun for a few minutes to soften the plastic then carefully remove the plastic just below the blade, without damaging the corner guard or blade.

IMG_20170715_183215372.
    it's very important the plastic still covers the corner of the blade.
    after this razor hack you can shave a full beard with ease. you can also sharpen your razor on the backside of a leather belt.

i haven't fully tested how long i can make one blade last. i imagine a year or two, the real benefit is a better shave.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    #1 lone wolf, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. roguetrader

roguetrader Celebrated Poster

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    jack of all trades, master of none
    Address:
    Exeter, England, United Kingdom
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +305 / -1
    neat little tip amigo, i like a wet shave but can't be bothered doing it every single day....

3. thegrapsman

thegrapsman is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Los Angeles, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Neat trick, definitely useful.
    But if you can shell out like 18 bucks, you can get a reusable safety razor at target. They use one blade that you can flip around using both sides of the blade. They are difficult to learn at first, but if you get it down you can get many usages out of the blades. The blades are cheap as well, 4$ a 5 pack but you can use both sides of the blades so that's like 10 shaves. But the box is also tiny so if you don't got the 4$... You know what's up. haha

• Like Like x 1