Getting Into and out of Alaska

Alaska

Reaction score
I'm actually from Fairbanks, and I've always found it hard to compliment my own home-town, but yeah. It really is a pretty great place.

Plus, you'll get introduced to our weird Asatru-survivalist scene. A bunch of white boys with dreads, carhartts, eihwaz face tats, and they all play neo-folk and listen to industrial. It's pretty odd at first, but they're good people. Just avoid the 50 year old ex-FTRA type of guys. Remember; Alaska is where people go when they realize they hate the rest of the world.

If you get here before May, I'll still be around. Help ya get a place to crash and all that good stuff.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
If you get here before May, I'll still be around. Help ya get a place to crash and all that good stuff.
If I do come, I doubt it'll be soon. I'm headed to NYC for a bit, but I might come up there after I graduate and can go where ever the fuck I want

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
hey Alaska, where is old Preacher John (Gerard) hanging out nowadays?

Alaska

Reaction score
Last time I saw him, he was in Anchorage. A few months back, actually. Hanging with some dude who had a little cardboard box bed next to a net cafe. Sometimes I think that man will live forever.

Where are you at, sir?

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
hey, don't call me names!!! lol i'm in hawaii. southern cali in 4 days
thats good to know about gerard. that guy was one of the most ingenious and intriguing bums i ever met. a dharma bum. i wouldn't even call him a bum cause i never saw him "bum" anything. i never saw him buy anything...hell i don't even think he ever touched money. people would say he was a little crazy...but thats just cause he'd go off on a rave about jesus and such, and wore homemade shoes made of rags, and his odd manerisms. but if i were ever in a post-apocalyptic survival situation, i would want to be on his team.

Hylyx

Reaction score
Hey, anyone still in Alaska? I'm thinking about heading up there for a little bit between now and Thanksgiving. I have family in the Bellingham area, so it'd be cool to go to AK and then back down for a feast.

The ferry totally seems like the way to go, but I dunno if it goes this late in the year, or if visiting is even worth it....

DregeDE

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Dunno if much has been said on it, shivering too hard to read forever. When I went to petersburg in 99/00 - maybe 01 -- can't remember now, it was like 220 and about a thousand to get a car on depending on length and weight - like your schoolbus with goblins painted on the side definatly tips the scales and will require a likely double price. anchorage is only 2 or 3 hundred more by pack on deck for sure. cabbins can be had for more. I suggest robbing the bar at night between the guard-o-the-watch's rounds, pull the gate back and slide under it - thats what I did - I was drinkin hennesey all the way there and back - but then again I was insane when I was younger.
If I was set up with bluewater ready multi-hull or mono-cruiser, I'd personaly hit up the Aleutian islands in the south west quadrant. even if your not a sesoned commercial fisherman there is gonna be shittons of work in the inns, brothels and bars 'round that season and prolonged employment through the summer - but it'd probably be against advisement to go to the infamous dutch harbor, by now lotta deadliest catch enthusiasts probably turned it into a tourist town or something weird like that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads