Get your music in our videos!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I've been planning on doing a video series about the traveler lifestyle for quite some time now, but one of the problems I've been running into is that some of my videos end up getting flagged for containing copyrighted music. This has even happened with a few anarcho-punk bands that I'm sure wouldn't give a damn about me using their music in a video (Leftover Crack), but because their album is available on iTunes, YouTube will flag it anyways as a copyrighted...

So anyways, what I would like to propose here is that if anyone out there has a band, and wouldn't mind it being used in other people's videos online, they should post in this thread and let us know! I'd also like to hear suggestions of music we could possibly use that isn't yours (like your friend's band or something), since maybe we could email them and ask.

This isn't just for StP videos, this could potentially be a resource for anyone that needs music for their videos they want to put online. Just please make sure to give credit where credit is due, either in the video itself (ideally) or in the video text description on whatever website it's being posted on.

Thanks!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i play drums for repetitions. our entire album is up here for free download! please feel free to use it for whatever you want,just drop me a line and let me know,just cuz i'd like to see what it is your using it for! CHEERS!!!
http://www.facebook.com/repetitionsband

damn dude, your band is pretty awesome. will definitely keep it in mind for some future videos.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
You can use any of my music, no charge, just let me know and give credit. All original shit, free downloads:

I tried to post this link earlier on another post and it didn't show up, so I don't know if it will here, either. But when I went to edit it and paste it in, there it was again. I get out of edit mode, and it's gone again. So I don't know what's going on. If there's no link above, we are experiencing technical difficulties.

Last edited:

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
Nope, I can't see the link above. unless it's just a problem at my end. Can y'all see it?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
Something wrong with how I'm interfacing with the website, then. Strange.... I'm just using Firefox on a desktop. Maybe on of my add-ons? But if everyone else can see it & get to it, that works for me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads