Gear Stolen | Squat the Planet

Gear Stolen

C

Cree

So i did not really wanna post about my bad luck. Some scumbag homebum stole most of my gear (the 3 most important things he did not get) In KCMO. I stayed an extra 5 days there looking for this fecal matter. He got word i was looking for him and he got into the wind.

Props to my buddy Dumbass for hooking me up with a backpack till i get back to Tallahassee to gear up again. Just another reason to despise homebums.

My fault for walking away from my gear for a total of 4 minutes..lesson learned! Be careful out there because and ALWAYS take your gear with you!

• Useful
Reactions: Kal and Odin

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ah, that sucks. The same thing happened to me last year in TX, except I'm pretty sure my gear was cleared out by a maintenance crew, cuz my road dog's shit was gone, as well as a few of my temp road dogs' stuff. Everybody was with me the whole time, so nobody there stole it.

Reactions: ellilis
C

Cree

Someone saw him with my backpack when i described it to them and they kinda knew him a little.. They were a big help because it got me a name and description of said scumbag.

When i get geared back up guess where I'm going to? lol Chances are he was a tweaker and sold all of it.

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
Ouch man, that fuckin sucks. I think at one time or another we've all had our shit jacked before so I can definitely relate but it never makes it any easier...

Good luck to you though, I hope ya find the scumfucker responsible and are able to exact some feel good revenge on him.

K

Kim Chee

Sorry about your gear. Not every homebum steals shit and plenty of travelers have sticky fingers.
Thanks for the reminder about unattended gear, some people have no regard for other people's property.

I hope you get some nice stuff to replace it.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
that was good.. : )

you know, though.. if the poor bastard *was* a tweaker?
maybe the only thing you can really do is pity him..

i glad you held on to the most important stuff, though..
we all know that a lot of travelers don't have very much, & that among the shit that hurts most when it's gone are journals & artwork..

i recommend that people take photos of journal entries & art, as well as mementos, & upload/email them to themselves..
not the same as the originals, but at least a reminder of the connections are kept, and some of the content preserved..

theft against travelers / homeless / poor is the worst there is.. the less you have, the more precious it can be...

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Awww sorry. It is interesting to talk to my coworkers or family (especially 82 yr old Mom) about the perils of the road and the fact that they have their house on their back. That gone - no house, no making food, etc. Out of curiosity, are you going to be left without anything once you hit Tallahassee? Can help.

Reactions: Mankini

Kal

Reaction score
That sucks!!!! It's ashame you couldn't find the fucker.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I find it humble of you to admit to a loss. Because a lot of us aren't permitted by our ego to do so. I remember the first time my gear got stolen it was a shit show heh. And the most recent time I was lucky enough that the cops left me my sleeping bag journal etc. They pretty much took anything of monetary value. Which still sucks but oh well.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sorry for your bad luck there Cree... please be objective and use discretion and be sure you have the right guy before taking any action.::eek:ldman::

Wow... I am always reminded in this forum of just how difficult it is to be a traverler... stories like this remind me of how it is good to be self sufficient and travel light.
::eyepatch::

SOmething I am in the process of developing...
::woot::

I like people... but I will with all caution... eyeball everyone that I accept into my company.
;)

I believe I'm a nice person... but I do not suffer fools and jack asses.
::meh::

Reactions: Mankini and Jaguwar

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads