Video Folding Bike Touring-An Old Bike For A New Adventure.

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Almost a year ago now I managed to find an old Bike-Friday touring bike on ebay. I actually won the auction while I was on a backpacking trip so that was a bit touch and go. Bike-Friday is a US brand who makes custom fairly hi end bicycles which fold. There line up is, comically, expensive. So a knew that this was likely my only opportunity to get one for myself. I was looking for a bike which had been built for someone my size and weight, and I assumed with my meager budget whatever I ended up with would need some work. I was not disappointed. I found this bike for less then one seventh of its cost new. It needed any amount of care and attention, a paint job, new components, maintenance. I worked on it for a few months off and on and during that time I decided I would take it with me to Europe this year. Now I leave in about a week. I'm going to be making a few videos about the bike and the gear I'm bringing. As well as videos on the ground of how I'm budget bike touring the EU for several months.

Ill post more information about the trip as my departure date draws closer.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads