First time Freighthopper

E

ehtdaedlufetarg

Hey guys. I am a first time freight hopper trying to learn a little about the basics of catching out. I have previous traveling/squatting experience but havent ever Ridden Freight. I just want to know the basics with Specifics. A link to some sort of outside source of info would be great also.

compass

Lost
Reaction score
Welcome.

Search. Take some time to read through the threads before asking any questions. Most everything has already been covered.

PEACE

I

IBRRHOBO

Study the trains like a pervert. The more u are around them the better chance u might have of surviving. Kinda like Compass' statement. There's no real 'cover all' book, though. No way to buy trainhopping by the gram, so to speak.

'Bout the only GOOD piece of advice I can give is: If in doubt, don't! Relates to just about all the facets of life. Some kinda hardwiring from the primitive days (R-portion of the brain near the medula oblongada I suppose).

compass

Lost
Reaction score
"Compass sounds like a moderator."

:D c'mon now, most any forum on the net you're gonna find has the same exact thing happen all the time. Someone new comes on, asks a broad and vague question, and then someone directs them to a thread with a title something like, I don't know, "Sticky: Guide for new trainhoppers. READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!", or something like that.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
You really don't need a link to another site, this one has all the info and all the people you would need to talk to in order to start your adventures. The only dumb question is the one unasked!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads