Finding a place to sleep...

Nelco

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys.
-
And Spoon, I haven't been on the road too long. I've been on the road for a little over 2 weeks.

card board will help you not get infested..watch out for ant hills..

Nelco

Reaction score
not being sarcastic
sleeping under no soliciting signs is always funny

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Back of u-hauls and those sheds at lowes and home depot. on "thumbs up" they slept in a clothing rack in a wal-mart. I waanna try that someday.

Dmac

Reaction score
flat topped buildings, like retail stores, are great, as long as there are no taller buildings around (then you might be seen!).

1544c

Reaction score
abandoned/empty buildings are my favorite.
once i found a motel that had been shut down. i checked some of the doors and found one unlocked. had a free hotel to myself for the night. no electricity but the room was warmer than it was outside and the bed was comfortable. got up early and made the bed all nice like i was never there. left no trace.

D

Deleted member 2626

Spent a lot of time under bridges that other tramps were not at. Sleep in woods a lot too. What's real fun is layin low in a patch of woods in a suburban area and not bein known

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Back of u-hauls and those sheds at lowes and home depot. on "thumbs up" they slept in a clothing rack in a wal-mart. I waanna try that someday.

home depot and lowes sheds have saved my ass from the rain so many times .....me and my girl found a two story barn-type one in newport news we lived in for a few days ......and it seems like anywhere there is a "no trespassing dept. of transportation. " sign by the highway theres usually a good camp spot near it

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Slept in the reeds next to the canal in Santa Cruz once.
Right in the MIDDLE of town by Trader Joes- totally stealth fun.
Heard the hippie, crusty home bums gettign harrassed by the cops,
but I was nice and warm and got to sleep all night!

Reactions: 0ddity

Vixious

Reaction score
Slept in the reeds next to the canal in Santa Cruz once.
Right in the MIDDLE of town by Trader Joes- totally stealth fun.
Heard the hippie, crusty home bums gettign harrassed by the cops,
but I was nice and warm and got to sleep all night!
Man i miss the levee in SC, just gotta watch out for homebum shit, sucks washing yer pants in the metro bathroom, though heartily greeting everyone that walks in while your standing there washing your pants in the toilet while in yer boxers was a hilarious occasion.

Vixious

Reaction score
havent seen it mentioned on this post, but cities and bridges especially, always check for use needles/rigs before you sit/stretch out. Also, watch out for human/animal waste, you cant always smell it till its too late.

Reactions: 0ddity

0ddity

Reaction score
This should be a sticky.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads