trashwiki.org
"Religion's just what we thought before we understood what mental illness was."
-Frankie Boyle

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
“The problem with quotes on the internet is that many are not genuine.” - Abraham Lincoln.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
" you cant live life allive unless half dead " - from me, on a mushroom trip
" the less you have the more you'll gain " - me on an acid trip

BobbinGoblin

Reaction score
Website
www.howlattheloom.com
I go to Mr. Sagan for inspiration.

"For as long as there been humans we have searched for our place in the cosmos. Where are we? Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a hum-drum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. This perspective is a courageous continuation of our penchant for constructing and testing mental models of the skies; the Sun as a red-hot stone, the stars as a celestial flame, the Galaxy as the backbone of night."

"And we who embody the local eyes and ears and thoughts and feelings of the cosmos we've begun, at last, to wonder about our origins. Star stuff, contemplating the stars organized collections of 10 billion-billion-billion atoms contemplating the evolution of matter tracing that long path by which it arrived at consciousness here on the planet Earth and perhaps, throughout the cosmos."

BobbinGoblin

Reaction score
Website
www.howlattheloom.com
"You're either on the bus or you're off the bus." - Ken Kesey in The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

"We're here to kill the humans and save the forest." - wild boar in Princess Mononoke

"Never work with children or animals, you will always be upstaged." W.C. Fields

“I'm sorry if I'm alienating some of you, your whole fucking culture alienates me.” - Bikini Kill

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Thats easy......The Journey of a thousands miles begins with a single step -Lao Tzu
Is it just me, or is it weird that Lao-Tzu would measure in miles?
as well, this is a misinterpretation.
"Although this is the popular form of this quotation, a more correct translation from the original Chinese would be "The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet." Rather than emphasizing the first step, Lau Tzu regarded action as something that arises naturally from stillness. Another potential phrasing would be "Even the longest journey must begin where you stand.""

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
"A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. A psychotic is a guy who just found out what's going on."
-William S Burroughs

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
"Who did the council fight?"
"It split in two and fought itself."
"That's suicide!"
"No, ordinary behaviour. The efficient half eats the less efficient half and grows stronger. War is just a violent way of doing what half the people do calmly in peacetime: using the other half for food, heat, machinery and sexual pleasure. Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation."
"I refuse to believe men kill each other just to make their enemies rich."
"How can men recognize their real enemies when their family, schools and work teach them to struggle with each other and to believe law and decency come from the teachers?"
"My son won't be taught that," said Lanark firmly.
"You have a son?"
"Not yet."
-Alasdair Gray, Lanark, p.411

RVLG

Reaction score
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - J. W. von Goethe
"Every daring attempt to make a great change in existing conditions, every lofty vision of new possibilities for the human race, has been labeled Utopian." - Emma Goldman
"The law is an adroit mixture of customs that are beneficial to society, and could be followed even if no law existed, and others that are of advantage to a ruling minority, but harmful to the masses of men, and can be enforced on them only by terror." - Peter Kropotkin
"Cruel leaders are replaced only to have new leaders turn cruel." - Ernesto Guevara

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads