Ethics of getting Free Food from the Government!!!!! | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Ethics of getting Free Food from the Government!!!!!

Vanholio

Reaction score
1150 E Washington St, Brownsville, TX 78520, USA
Website
www.vanholio.com
Studies in primates have shown they get very upset when they observe another primate receiving more reward than they did for the same task. They do not have elaborate abstract constructions of justice or ethics that informs their response, rather evolution has given them an internal countermeasure against gluttony, against one of them taking too much from the group.

As in this video:

And if I may add, respectfully: I've had enough fucking "cucumbers" to last me the rest of my fucking life!

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
I think Technology will force the question quite severely in the next century.

When emerging memory metals that shape themselves form artificially controlled muscle fibers solving the motor-miniaturization problem in robotics, the 50th percentile human will have nothing to trade or contribute.

A global guaranteed income is the only humane solution, but the remnant of the Puritan work ethic will delay its acceptance and deployment until it is too late, ironically collapsing the system and destroying civilization to avoid the ethical issue of a person getting something they didn't work for.

holy shit that is awesome! And you're right.

we're already at the point where we are just producing just to keep up the charade. It's like we don't know what else to do or where to go but aren't clever enough to realize this internal conflict.

F

FrumpyWatkins

dumpster, steal, benefits, beg, handouts, doesn't matter to me, i'm eating, by any means necessary, and i'm eating well. i don't know about anyone else but i really don't need money except for booze and tobacco if i am in the mood to eat whatever comes my way which is basically always. its unfortunate when you find a honey hole and literally have to turn down food you know you wont possibly be able to eat before it spoils. case in point, once at a turnpike rest stop people must have given me over a 150 dollars in popeyes chicken and burger king to the point where i had a plastic bag filled to the top with chicken tendies. i'm generally rolling solo, that was a dark time for my intestines...

if you do get benefits, don't waste them

freegander

Reaction score
Website
shelivesinavan.com
i've been using food stamps for almost 2 years now. a few years ago at a farmer's market the man at the vegetable stand told me to "get a real job or better yet find a man with a job." rude af. this mindset about welfare is awful and makes people feel like shit just for wanting to more than survive.

but this farmer was probably eating up government farm subsidies, which is why i can't accept arguments against welfare. we're all living off the govt in one way or another, or we all would if in desperate enough situations.

A

AnOldHope

i've been using food stamps for almost 2 years now. a few years ago at a farmer's market the man at the vegetable stand told me to "get a real job or better yet find a man with a job." rude af. this mindset about welfare is awful and makes people feel like shit just for wanting to more than survive.

but this farmer was probably eating up government farm subsidies, which is why i can't accept arguments against welfare. we're all living off the govt in one way or another, or we all would if in desperate enough situations.

Hmm, so by the farmer's market man' reasoning implying you should be with a man to support you, meaning that you should spread your legs and get penetrated for food.

Now, it is axiomatic that one must be willing to do one's self what one advocates for others (see Golden Rule, Kant's Categorical Imperative, general cultural notions of hypocrisy), that implies that the Farmer's Market man would let himself get fucked in the ass for money.

Tell him you'll do that if he does it first.

Leadership must always begin from example.

• Haha
Reactions: freegander

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score

Yeah and he's getting way more subsidies than what $1200 a year.

Reminds me of levoy finicum of bend standoff fame. The guy was in a terrorist takeover cause of big government stepping on his throat.

Turns out guy was running adoption scam getting orphane kids to work his ranch, then made 6 figures just on the kids welfare and grazed his cattle free on BLM land....

A

A New Name

In this deeply flawed society I'd rather take advantage of the system than to be profited from and contribute to the mass suicide by large scale (un)natural disaster.

S

spectacular

re: the discussion about automation. when i go shopping sometimes i see people still going to the cashiers instead of the automated checkout stands even when there's nobody else around. the cashiers are standing there, the automated stands are open, and the customers choose the cashiers. i don't know if it's habit or an attempt to feel less alone or maybe a combo of both. perhaps fear of the machines or annoyance if failure factors in as well. but it really would take nothing more than an overseer or two to ensure that profits were not lost from stealing (since that seems to be of concern) if we set up fully automated lines. then people could do something else, something that didn't require standing all day. we could automate nearly every job in every store. retail associates are not necessary.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
we realized in the past century we dont need chattel slavery. we just need a way to make the populace dependent on working. You need not forbid land ownership, just make it financially out of reach.

it turned out to be cheaper than having slaves anyway

now que uncle chad to come along to give me a thumbs down rating

Last edited:
S

spectacular

plus the insidious belief they somehow fucked up to be in the position they're in and owe their time to the people they want to emulate. they're being taught.... lots of teaching and learning goes on in retail, lmao, pathetic dogpile

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
they could have new harley-davidson underwear if it werent for those freeloading takers!

K

Kim Chee

yes but the kim chee argument goes people can always work but they don't. Travelers out living it up instead of getting a job.

then further into the right, people are only poor by their own doing, ergo no one should get food stamps.

Now that the official Kim Chee spokesperson has spoken, I guess I can can go home.

• Haha
  • Best of Luck!
Reactions: ped and Dmac
K

Kim Chee

this is a continuation of another thread where positions and cases were stated. It got started right after I posted that I had got approved for food in the other one.

Wrong.

Actually, this thread was started because @Matt Derrick recommended discussing this very subject in another thread as it was off topic to the topic being discussed at the time.

The fact that you have received food stamps is incidental to this thread and unimportant to me. (I'm not one of the primates who gets angry because another primate gets those free foodies.

If Trump gets his hands on this program you really won't give two shits about what I have to say about food stamps.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads