Er Hey there.

ShinyKitKat

Reaction score
Ah Hello Everyone. :) I'm Ginny and new to all this. Just finished high school and I'm ready for the next journey....Whenever it decides to show or I get inspired to leave and just go. Now, I really don't know all that much about this site and what everyone does, but I hope to learn lots of neat, useful things and hopefully make some wonderful friends along the way. (Also have a tendency to ramble)
I frequent the outdoors when it's not too cold out and love every minute of it. I'd rather trade skills and objects rather than paying for them becuase it's more fun plus you get more out of it.

So...Yeah.... :D have a lovely day.

Reactions: Keyser Soze
K

Kim Chee

Congratulations on your graduation. So, are you gonna continue your education on the street? Excellent idea and welcome.
Despite all of my recent rambling online I am a fairly quiet person.

ShinyKitKat

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you.
absurdtoast-what are pogs?

mmmmmmmmichael- Thanks! I feel really acomplished about that. Ah, for now I might. There's all sorts of useful tricks that can be learned. Eventually I'll prolly go off to college or trade school. For now I want to enjoy life.

absurdtoast

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I realized..there is no rush to go to back to school..this idea that you must go from high school to college and follow this rigid "career" path...its bullshit...or even the idea that we are made to have this one definitive "career" that will form our identity as a person....you can completely change what you wanna do in life, do a bunch of things, go back to school, never go back, etc.

There is no rush of having to go straight to college out of high school and I kind of regret doing it. SO like ya said...enjoy life and I hope ya have some awesome adventures...maybe somewhere down the line you can decide to go back to school or not...I had 50-65 year olds in my classes gettin anthropology or philosophy degrees....so there's no rush, you can go whenever!

AS FOR POGS:
omg_pogs.jpg

ShinyKitKat

Reaction score
It is. That's what I was supposed to do, but decided to take my sweet time. :D Whatever floats yer boat.

Oh! I remember those! I have a bunch I picked up at a garage sale a while back. Nifty things. What do you do with them? Or would it be better to google it? Haha

Shadowmarque

Reaction score
Seconding Mmmmmmichael, congratulations on the rites of passage of American youth (your high school graduation, lol). I hope everything your future holds for you is filled with wonder and awe, optimism and perseverance. It's nice meeting you.
And absurdtoast... YOU ARE THE POG MASTER!!!
but on another note. I also went right into college after high school and got my bachelor's degree. I'm glad I did it (foook it was hard- I camped practically the entire time) because no matter what I still have that to fall back on and I got to explore a great deal of the world that way, granted I also learned the streets at the same time. Do what you do, but don't do it half ass. it's just not worth it.

ShinyKitKat

Reaction score
Thanks. :D Nice meeting you too.
It didn't work out that way for me. Way to go, though. I know quite a few people who went to college and dropped out. Never bothered to get any degrees. Well, some education is better than none, I guess. What did you get your B.A in?
I figured I'd take after my dad for now. Learn how to fix up houses and stuff, then continue with an education.

absurdtoast

Reaction score
Learn the way of pogs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs
IF YA EVER WANNA TRADE POGS.......lemme know. In the future once capitalism is destroyed anarcho-primitivist hunter-gatherer tribes will reign supreme and will use POGS as currency.
I tried to start a pog philosophy club at my school in which you take part in pog battles over intense philosophical discussions..didn't work. Check out this SLAMMER I got:
photo151x.jpg

Picture of OJ Simpson...IN THE SLAMMER!

But yeah...as a recent graduate it feels good now...and it sounds like you had quite an interesting college experience Shadowmarque, congrats on surviving!

absurdtoast

Reaction score
ALSO...quite cool that you are gonna learn carpentry and stuff..is that where you are working now? fixin up houses? good real life skills to posses!

no idea if they actually still make pogs....hmmmm

ShinyKitKat

Reaction score
Dad's a 'free lance' construction. I'm just learning how to paint and fix holes in walls right now. I'm pretty good at laying tile though.... Have no idea how to build anything yet.

According to google, no. Then again I'm not looking hard enough

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
IF YA EVER WANNA TRADE POGS.......lemme know. In the future once capitalism is destroyed anarcho-primitivist hunter-gatherer tribes will reign supreme and will use POGS as currency.

Holy CRAP!! You like POGS!!! [Errr... Welcome to the newbie! Construction = awesomeness... There is truly nothing like building (and hell, even fixing!) dwellings hands-on like that...] Ok. Now, back to POGS!! I was allllll about POGs back in the day; I have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of them, even some from the original Passion Orange Guava bizness. As such, definitely have about 109x the POGs as Amerikan currency, so hasten the New Day when these glorious jewels will be able to buy me 5 freakin' acres of land. :) I would totally trade w/ you, if I could dig them outta my parents' attic. <3

Reactions: absurdtoast

absurdtoast

Reaction score
anarchist pog punx unite! THE SLAMMERS OF JUSTICE WILL CRASH THE OPPRESSIVE RULE OF CAPITALISM, POGS WILL RISE AGAIN! and this time...ITS FOR KEEPS!
MAKE OUR VOICE HEARD AND FORCE AMERICA TO GO BACK TO A POG BACKED CURRENCY....RUPAUL 2012!

also blah sorry for the pog talk hijackin yo thread. I'll control myself now

shitbagdanny

Reaction score
this site is for people intent on committing suicide via webcam.
everyone but me first.

metal.

ps.
i used to have a shiny mufasa slammer back in 93.
that shit got me about a five gallon bucket worth of pogs.

first time i ever seen someone get the shit kicked out of em was over pogs...

i even remember seeing a shirt at a thirift store a few years back that said 'POGS the NEW DICE' with a picture of some cracky lookin dude on it with a scorpian slammer

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
GO BACK TO A POG BACKED CURRENCY....

It's a damn sight better than the current.... currency, which is essentially backed by either $14 ['real'] or $125 [projected, including SS payments to baby boomers, etc.] trillion of debt...

I bet this girl's scratchin' her head, thinking to herself, 'I thought people were just going to say Hi to me and whatnot!! What the HELLL is this POG business, and why is it taking over my thrreeaadddd!! These kids are WACK, and I'm OUUUTT!!' Maybe not, though. Let's hope not. Hahahaa. Ohhhh, i miss the days of POGs, when all it took to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat was flipping over a stack of milk caps.... :*(

Keyser Soze

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i saw a boy trade his soul for some alf pogs.

hey- you are right on with learning trades and barter system fuck money keep patchin holes and learn as much carpentry/construction as you can for free. as shadow so eloquently put it "do what you do but don't do it half ass"

welcome Ginny and thanks for somehow bringing pogs back in to the world...er me thinks it was toast...but really...pogs never left us!!!

00000000000000000can i get an amen, praise Pog.

alfpog.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads