East or West?

Prufrock

Reaction score
I'm stuck right in the middle of the country with the overwhelming urge to roam, but I still don't know where to go. What are some of the pros and cons of going west? Or east? Is one better? Thanks for any help.

Asar

Reaction score
West: laid back, more accepting of alternative life styles, dramatic landscapes

East: beautiful forests/nature, a ton of history, old towns

All of this is general of course. You can go to Texas and be in pine forests and then the desert in the same day. I'm from Pennsylvania, and have been to almost every state, and the Pacific Northwest and Northern New England are the most beautiful places in the lower 48 in my opinion.

TBone

Reaction score
Love the Pacific Northwest and love lets say Richmond VA. Either or man. It is what you make of it. South coast is good too so is Tennessee. I would say do a southern tour and up the east coast. You'll get the good with the bad and not just end up on the west coast not caring to leave.

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
Well, like I said in the other thread, I think your best bet is NOLA. Super fucking easy to meet people, a genuine ARTS city where everyone is allowed to be whoever the fuck they want to be, very traveler friendly (other than the cops), plenty of history....just awesome. If you're looking for a place to go and do your poetry jam, try that. Feel good, make art, fuck everything else.

Reactions: Prufrock

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads