East Jesus: Post-Apocalyptic Life In A Pre-Apocalyptic World

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
thread title=why don't I just cut my wrists and drink my blood.

Lucius

Reaction score
Website
wanderinglu.tumblr.com
Hey kat!

Is this project still going on? I'm heading to the slabs in January to wait out the snowy winter. I heard there's a grand piano at EJ, which is what sparked my interest initially, is it still there? I'm a pianist and was really hoping there would be a piano at the slabs. I got to reading more about the project, would love to come check it out. I may be of some help too with the experience I have. I've been squatting in a small mountain village in Colorado for the past year, where my friends and I have managed to do a few good things: start a highly successful artisan organic local bakery, a bike/ski coop, we've built three community gardens where we grow organic food at 9,000 feet! (we grew into late november last year with two feet of snow on the row covers for the plants), and have been active at fighting local capitalism (US Energy wants to destroy our sacred mountain Red Lady to mine an ore used for the military to kill people! that of which they will not succeed on doing), community dance parties(when we get tickets for noise complaints, we throw another town party to pay for it, pigs lose, we win!) and food/art events... among others, you get the idea.. Do you guys have a garden? I would love to help get one going. I have experience building gardens and hoop houses/green houses, and would like to experiment with making brick ovens..

You guys might know eggplant and raven with their two dogs? I met them this summer and will head out with them.

K

katbastard

Hey kat!

Is this project still going on? I'm heading to the slabs in January to wait out the snowy winter. I heard there's a grand piano at EJ, which is what sparked my interest initially, is it still there? I'm a pianist and was really hoping there would be a piano at the slabs. I got to reading more about the project, would love to come check it out. I may be of some help too with the experience I have. I've been squatting in a small mountain village in Colorado for the past year, where my friends and I have managed to do a few good things: start a highly successful artisan organic local bakery, a bike/ski coop, we've built three community gardens where we grow organic food at 9,000 feet! (we grew into late november last year with two feet of snow on the row covers for the plants), and have been active at fighting local capitalism (US Energy wants to destroy our sacred mountain Red Lady to mine an ore used for the military to kill people! that of which they will not succeed on doing), community dance parties(when we get tickets for noise complaints, we throw another town party to pay for it, pigs lose, we win!) and food/art events... among others, you get the idea.. Do you guys have a garden? I would love to help get one going. I have experience building gardens and hoop houses/green houses, and would like to experiment with making brick ovens..

You guys might know eggplant and raven with their two dogs? I met them this summer and will head out with them.
hey man, we need some garden help for sure, i know raven also, tell her i said hi. we are planing aquaponics and raised garden beds. and yes we still have the baby grand. hit me up when your in the slabs.

Lucius

Reaction score
Website
wanderinglu.tumblr.com
sounds great! can't wait to play that piano if you guys would be so kind.
are you planning to use fish in the system? it's possible I could look into getting organic topsoil shipped in a big haul truck for free or relatively cheap, in which case would could do a little fundraiser to pay for it... we've paid for very little in the gardens that we've built here, people like to donate when they know they get organic food in return... so with the possibility of a big haul there could be a half acre or more size garden that will feed a big portion of people, irrigation could come from the canal wherever that's at? just some ideas we can have a thinktank later. see ya soon

E

Earth

The only way something like this works is if you have firm rules in place, and that everybody involved puts in a full days work
because there ain't no such thing as a free ride when going off the grid/beneath the surface....

Way proud of what you are doing.
Respect..........

AnywhereButHere

Reaction score
i'm 90% sure i'll be moving to the slabs in the next few months...for good. what are some things i can bring that will help you guys out? what things are needed most?

K

katbastard

East Jesus is not taking apps right now. but slab city is a big awesome place so come on down and check out the slabs and stop by here and say hi and we can go from there

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads