East Jesus: Post-Apocalyptic Life In A Pre-Apocalyptic World

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
We've got tons of useful stuff here on our farm but transporting it across the country is likely not very feasible.

Wondering what the nearest semi large town is nearby...dumpster diving for reusable lumber and stuff is always worth the trip. Curb finds are good as well.
Pretty much my thoughts....I could easily acquire a lot of useful things but shipping would be ridiculous. I think they are going to LA in the future to get stuff. I was browsing SD craigslist and there is a lot of shit....I've even seen free chickens and other farm animals in the past.

dprogram

Reaction score
Oh man. I'd have to have a few cold ones every now and then. There are places to buy food but that's like 12 miles out right?

bryanpaul

Reaction score
katbastard and ej pepper look like some mad max ass motherfuckers too....:).... i might hafta make my way out to this place someday.....

Reactions: Nelco and Puckett

carnytrash

Reaction score
Website
carnytrash.tumblr.com
This is fucking epic, and I commend your efforts.

Don't have anything to donate at the moment or I totally would. Maybe I can get a benefit show together and send you the proceeds. Yes...must get to work on that now.

K

katbastard

This is fucking epic, and I commend your efforts.

Don't have anything to donate at the moment or I totally would. Maybe I can get a benefit show together and send you the proceeds. Yes...must get to work on that now.
that would be awesomeLenore, we sure would love you forever and ever!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm very much looking forward to moving out there in the next few weeks!

Reactions: Puckett

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ugh, im getting so impatient waiting for someone to buy my van... so far the best offer ive gotten is 2200. which is okay i guess, still trying to hold out for a little more, but i gotta get the title fixed this week. :/

K

katbastard

update:
we have started building our aquaponics system, and have 2000 red worms coming to us in the mail for the vermiculture system. here is a list of other areas of expertise we are looking for in people.

Specific Areas of Expertise we are looking for:
Solar/DC/Electricity
General repair
Upkeep
Efficiency modeling
Wiring
Motors and pumps
Permaculture
Aquaponics
Humanure
Earthscaping
Construction
Yurts
Eco-Domes
Earthships
Geodesic Design
Subterranean
Water
Cultivation
Well management
Irrigation
Greywater plumbing and allocation
Artists
Sculptors
Painters
Earthworks
Found objects
Designers
Architects

Reaction score
Greetings, east jeezus.....

; )

i just came off of a start-up commune that is having a hella hard time..
members are down to zero, except for the owner, which sucks...

i'm now busted, but i dumped about $12,000 into the fucking place, only to see squat (& i don't mean planet) for it.

worked my ass off, too.. typically unpaid (of course) 8 hour days working on equipment & farm chores, when other folks had a hard time just doing their obligatory 2 hrs a day...

plus, because i put up 4k in cash for starters, i was supposed to be able to just park my fucking bus & write...

just facts.

i appreciate the hard up fronts, because it is absolutely fucking amazing how many people think their goddamn mother is whoever it is that is walking behind them as their shit drops, and that is saying gently only about 10 or 15 % of the bullshit people pull because they think anarchy is just sucking as much as possible out of people before they have to be extracted like a frozen exhaust bolt with a pair of oversized vice grips...

my background is in surveying and civil engineering. 26 years. strong technical skills, strong mechanical skills.

very good fabrication skills, but i do not weld.

51 years old, but as far as performance goes, i operate on a level at least 20 years younger than that, and that's no bullshit.

i have 2.5 unused, desert ridden acres near delano, CA, that i have yet to see, and may fucking bury myself there, eventually... however...

i'm looking for a community to participate in.. that means park my bus & take care of my crap & work to keep shit going...

it may even mean, if possible, finding a job with an engineering firm & sending cash into the home kitty..

in any case, just saw your thread & thought it was fascinating... what the virginia commune *should* have been, perhaps...

you can check my posts regarding my bus & my threads...

45 watt solar panel, 800 watt generator (a new 2,000 120/240 watt diesel that needs repair, since the resident self-proclaimed genii got + & - confused), 6,000 gal/hr semi-trash sump pump, and a number of other interesting goodies..

i am, by far, an ocean creature, but the desert has waves of its own..

looking for compassionate, sharing people who know how hard the work of fairness is, and know that people whom love fairness are people whom love what we would be, if we were simple enough to to need no more than what takes from no one else...

anyways, just an introduction.. may never ask for permission to enter, but if i do, my hands will be in the dirt as soon as i am past you door.

good peace,

john

PS: any serious chess players out there?

K

katbastard

check you in box

Greetings, east jeezus.....

; )

i just came off of a start-up commune that is having a hella hard time..
members are down to zero, except for the owner, which sucks...

i'm now busted, but i dumped about $12,000 into the fucking place, only to see squat (& i don't mean planet) for it.

worked my ass off, too.. typically unpaid (of course) 8 hour days working on equipment & farm chores, when other folks had a hard time just doing their obligatory 2 hrs a day...

plus, because i put up 4k in cash for starters, i was supposed to be able to just park my fucking bus & write...

just facts.

i appreciate the hard up fronts, because it is absolutely fucking amazing how many people think their goddamn mother is whoever it is that is walking behind them as their shit drops, and that is saying gently only about 10 or 15 % of the bullshit people pull because they think anarchy is just sucking as much as possible out of people before they have to be extracted like a frozen exhaust bolt with a pair of oversized vice grips...

my background is in surveying and civil engineering. 26 years. strong technical skills, strong mechanical skills.

very good fabrication skills, but i do not weld.

51 years old, but as far as performance goes, i operate on a level at least 20 years younger than that, and that's no bullshit.

i have 2.5 unused, desert ridden acres near delano, CA, that i have yet to see, and may fucking bury myself there, eventually... however...

i'm looking for a community to participate in.. that means park my bus & take care of my crap & work to keep shit going...

it may even mean, if possible, finding a job with an engineering firm & sending cash into the home kitty..

in any case, just saw your thread & thought it was fascinating... what the virginia commune *should* have been, perhaps...

you can check my posts regarding my bus & my threads...

45 watt solar panel, 800 watt generator (a new 2,000 120/240 watt diesel that needs repair, since the resident self-proclaimed genii got + & - confused), 6,000 gal/hr semi-trash sump pump, and a number of other interesting goodies..

i am, by far, an ocean creature, but the desert has waves of its own..

looking for compassionate, sharing people who know how hard the work of fairness is, and know that people whom love fairness are people whom love what we would be, if we were simple enough to to need no more than what takes from no one else...

anyways, just an introduction.. may never ask for permission to enter, but if i do, my hands will be in the dirt as soon as i am past you door.

good peace,

john

PS: any serious chess players out there?

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
I'm too much of a water person, but the desert has been intriguing me lately.

we have water here, we have these cool little things we stick into people and it sucks all the water from them and you have a nice glass of people water. downside is the person dies so thats why we need more people out here. ;)

Reactions: Who the hell knows
Reaction score
===

Reactions: Puckett

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads