Dressing "Slutty" Will Not Get You Raped

rooster831

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
wow this thread is so fuckin stupid and unnecessary that everyone that has viewed it so far should be labeled as a bleeding heart ass little faggot liberal cocksucker and go die from a massive heroin overdose before they spread their seed to make more little shithead bleeding heard faggot dipshit special snowflake assholes

• Haha
Reactions: AAAutin

Zaphod

Reaction score
Wow, so Rooster is full on fash then huh? Guess that makes sense;

Don't worry, your ilk are the ones who're on the way out; we'll see to that

Next you're gonna be caping for that rapist I suppose :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: VoraciousHeart
D

deleted user

None of this makes sense.... this back and forth shaming and rants... Some men have problems. So do equal number of women. How you look and behave Effects how predators act in nature. Just a fact. Whether it's the "slutty dressed" girl at the bar about to be assulted Or the "clean cut guy" in the wrong ghetto about to get jumped. Or the "crusty person" beat by cops. We can all be victimised. Make choices too limit what bad can happen to you and be ready when the unexpected does happen. Im gonna catch hell for this im sure. Life is rough the only truth we can all agree on.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, so Rooster is full on fash then huh? Guess that makes sense;

Don't worry, your ilk are the ones who're on the way out; we'll see to that

Next you're gonna be caping for that rapist I suppose :rolleyes:

Dude, i get where you are coming from on some of your posts, but you need to slow your roll with the acusations and bullshit "higher than thou" crap.

Its really getting to me. Either contribute positively to the conversation or stay out of it.

Doesnt matter if you are a fascist or a bleeding heart liberal, that kind of attitude will not get you far in this community.

Like, ALL of your posts have a condecending tone in some manner or another

QueerCoyote

granola punk
Reaction score
I believe OP is 100% against rape. I think he said some stupid contradictory things to his message, so I'm just going to address those. I've noticed through my own experiences that education on what is sexual assault and what counts as consent is sadly lacking. As people become more verbal in today's time about sexual assault, often they say contradictory things while trying to support a positive message.

I am here today to rant and dispel this stupid movement going around called clothing does not equal consent. Its just some bullshit for women to rationalize dressing however they want without consequences (the non rapey kind).

"Clothing does not equal consent" is exactly as it sounds, and is also what you're trying to say here. By what you've said in most of your post, you are part of this movement.

What I think you're thinking of is the anti-slut-shaming movement, where women ask that they not be shamed for dressing scandalously or having abundant sex.

Now my rational. You do not get raped (man or girl) based on how you are dressed. You get raped because 1) you have made poor choices or 2) through no fault of your own, you have now come across the path of a rapist. Either way, this is not your fault. Just as its not the fault of a murder victim getting shot or the guy who leaves his car unlocked and has it hijacked. You are an innocent victim.

By "made poor choices" do you mean decisions such as walking alone at bad hours in bad neighborhoods and exposing yourself to potentially dangerous people?

Rape is never the victim's fault, which you've said, so this statement is contradictory. What I think you're trying to say is that you are more likely to be raped if you make decisions that make you vulnerable because rapists are likely to take advantage of said vulnerability, rather than being raped in a situation that would be perceived as "safe" such as by a coworker, friend, or family member. The rape is still ultimately the rapist's fault, as no rape can occur without someone to do the raping.

Zaphod

Reaction score
Dude, i get where you are coming from on some of your posts, but you need to slow your roll with the acusations and bullshit "higher than thou" crap.

Its really getting to me. Either contribute positively to the conversation or stay out of it.

Doesnt matter if you are a fascist or a bleeding heart liberal, that kind of attitude will not get you far in this community.

Like, ALL of your posts have a condecending tone in some manner or another

Y'all need to stop being misogynist, then I'll be happy to have nothingbad to say. Also, Rooster's post is literally hate speech and fascist rhetoric, so maybe you should think about who you cape for

If tolerance for misogyny is a prerequisite for membership in "this community" maybe y'all have some thinking to do

Zaphod

Reaction score
None of this makes sense.... this back and forth shaming and rants... Some men have problems. So do equal number of women. How you look and behave Effects how predators act in nature. Just a fact. Whether it's the "slutty dressed" girl at the bar about to be assulted Or the "clean cut guy" in the wrong ghetto about to get jumped. Or the "crusty person" beat by cops. We can all be victimised. Make choices too limit what bad can happen to you and be ready when the unexpected does happen. Im gonna catch hell for this im sure. Life is rough the only truth we can all agree on.

Oh, so you DO think it's women's fault that they get raped? Yeah, that's a totally okay opinion to have. Let me say it again for those of us who have burned too many holes in their brains: NO ONE DESERVES TO BE RAPED (regardless of clothing, behavior, socio-economic status, etc)

Dear cis men:

Femme people don't need to be told to protect themselves. Living under patriarchy means that most women can't go out in the world without having to worry about what men will do to them. However, men do need to be told about consent and what constitutes assault cause, by and large, they are the ones perpetrating assault. So, maybe instead of spending your time and energy reminding women they're second class citizens, you should be talking about how to end rape culture and calling out your bros on their misogynist bullshit that perpetuates said culture.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Y'all need to stop being misogynist, then I'll be happy to have nothingbad to say. Also, Rooster's post is literally hate speech and fascist rhetoric, so maybe you should think about who you cape for

If tolerance for misogyny is a prerequisite for membership in "this community" maybe y'all have some thinking to do

If THAT is the only response you have to my message, than this:

::finger::

Is all i have to say to you. Because I am obviously a misoginistic, racist, facsist out to destroy the social equlity movement.

• Haha
Reactions: Odin and Drengor

Zaphod

Reaction score
Well, you're definitely a misogynist. I've not seen you be racist or fascist though, nor did I say so, but you can go ahead and put those words in my mouth, but I don't think they'll stick ;)

Like I told that other person: feel free to hmu when you're ready to do better.

Reactions: Odin

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, you're definitely a misogynist. I've not seen you be racist or fascist though, nor did I say so, but you can go ahead and put those words in my mouth, but I don't think they'll stick ;)

Like I told that other person: feel free to hmu when you're ready to do better.

Ive been on a quest to find the most self-righteous person on StP. My quest is now complete.

D

deleted user

Oh, so you DO think it's women's fault that they get raped? Yeah, that's a totally okay opinion to have. Let me say it again for those of us who have burned too many holes in their brains: NO ONE DESERVES TO BE RAPED (regardless of clothing, behavior, socio-economic status, etc)

Dear cis men:

Femme people don't need to be told to protect themselves. Living under patriarchy means that most women can't go out in the world without having to worry about what men will do to them. However, men do need to be told about consent and what constitutes assault cause, by and large, they are the ones perpetrating assault. So, maybe instead of spending your time and energy reminding women they're second class citizens, you should be talking about how to end rape culture and calling out your bros on their misogynist bullshit that perpetuates said culture.

i do not endorse rape. i am a by-product of rape... find my dad and ask him about it or ask my mother (this subject IS part of my life). i have been molested and assaulted as a child. i only blame the predators who hurt me. sorry that the hindsight advice i have is how to not be a target. im a male human and in no way can i understand a womens perspective. i control only my life. i understand fear of shit that has happened to me before. i make choices to not have it happen again and to minimize risk in the future. (just like we tell new kids to only jump non moving trains so they dont get hurt) Not all humans are evil not all men are rapists. so all this being said... all humans are predators females males and trans folk ,tis why our eyes are set in the front of our faces so we can judge the distance to our prey. anyways i hope yall dont hate me now . be safe be careful out there and love each other..

Zaphod

Reaction score
i do not endorse rape. i am a by-product of rape... find my dad and ask him about it or ask my mother (this subject IS part of my life). i have been molested and assaulted as a child. i only blame the predators who hurt me. sorry that the hindsight advice i have is how to not be a target. im a male human and in no way can i understand a womens perspective. i control only my life. i understand fear of shit that has happened to me before. i make choices to not have it happen again and to minimize risk in the future. (just like we tell new kids to only jump non moving trains so they dont get hurt) Not all humans are evil not all men are rapists. so all this being said... all humans are predators females males and trans folk ,tis why our eyes are set in the front of our faces so we can judge the distance to our prey. anyways i hope yall dont hate me now . be safe be careful out there and love each other..

I'm sorry that happened to you, it still doesn't justify you defending and perpetuating rape culture

• Wow
Reactions: Coywolf
D

deleted user

I'm sorry that happened to you, it still doesn't justify you defending and perpetuating rape culture

you are right! you know all the right answers you know more about me then me, im gonna go think about how right you are about me and i am sorry i had a view of the world that is different from yours it wont happen again. thank you for labeling me and telling me what bad person i am. the way the world indeed all of humanity has acted on this subject is is all my fault. you win.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
pretending like you personally don't contribute to rape culture when you're literally on here defending victim blaming is a little asinine

I did it before, and I'll do it again:

My troll senses are tingling.....

You sir, are a troll.

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: QueerCoyote

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I did it before, and I'll do it again:

My troll senses are tingling.....

You sir, are a troll.

okay, time for everyone to slow their roll. this is going to be everyone's one verbal warning to stop attacking each other and keep your posts in line with the discussion at hand. any further flaming will result in warnings and possibly bans being given.

everyone here is entitled to an opinion (although it's not our responsibility to host all opinions) but you need to share those in a respectful and civil manner without resorting to name calling.

keep it on topic, keep it respectful.

Reactions: autumn

salxtina

Reaction score
It *is* unfortunate that Zaph is the only one continuing to speak up about this bullshit. But this kind of barrage of misinformation and lies is the exact reason women keep leaving.

The first post says "of course style of dress doesn't cause assault," but then immediately fogs the issue by talking about "other consequences" of dressing differently. None of these "other consequences" are ever named (bc they don't exist), but even if they were, they wouldn't be the focus of the "Clothing doesn't equal Consent" message, which is clearly about assault. The rest of the post pretends to be addressing women, mostly to rant at them for talking about rape, but of course ends with "Everyone Be Gentlemen," giving away that we were never meant to be part of this conversation.

Not going to address the OP, or posters like coywolf who immediately gave their game away by blurting out that women talking about rape would be comedic "GOLD", and would be an "overreaction" to the initial post's provocation. (The initial post, of course, was an absurd response to no provocation at all, far more ridiculous than any reply could be.)

To anyone reading this in good faith, though - as I did, wrongly thinking a reasonable title might be followed by more reasonable words - I hope you see that besides Zaph, other people like Zim and Queer Coyote are trying to point out how unacceptable this kind of thing is.
At this point I don't ever expect a majority of men in *any* subculture to care about their shared lifestyle/interests more than they care about getting chances to put down women, but I hope y'all see that there are at least attempts here to hold this community to non-abusive standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: croc and Koala

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sorry Matt, but this tread is fucked. This is a right of way for people to be labeled as rapists, misoginists, sexists, and generally have their names drawn through the mud for not being able to *write* to the standards of other users on here.

I feel that many of the users who have been called out here generally do care about, further, and practice, social justice.

The accusations and labels on this thread are just another way to divide an already small group of people.

Also, @salxtina , this is what i was reffering to with my original post. This thread turned to crap REAL fast, that is the "Gold" i was reffering to. For you to twist that into me saying that the suffering of rape victims, and the perpetuation of sexual assault is comedic gold, PERFECTLY explains why this thread is turning into garbage.

Between people saying that women can make decisions to avoid rape, and other people labeling people they have never met as rapists and misogynists, you get the perfect recipe for disaster. Hence, this thread.

QueerCoyote

granola punk
Reaction score
@Coywolf, you have definitely contributed with your replies to making this a "crap" thread through off-topic replies that aren't constructive to the conversation. Most of your commentary has been directed at Zaphod personally and not the topic and could have been sent through PM.

I think Zaphod is bringing up some really good points, although a little over-zealously to people who are anti-rape but due to rape culture/miscommunication are further perpetuating putting blame on the victim.

If someone is contributing to rape culture unknowingly but definitely seems anti-assault and pro-consent, I think that bringing them into the fold and calling them out is going to be more effective than calling them out in a way that is guaranteed to put them on the defensive.

Rape culture is much more ingrained and complex than is being treated here and throughout most of society. Even as someone who has been raped/assaulted numerous times and has studied rape culture, it took me a long time to eradicate it from my mentality. It requires a lot of de-construction and people aren't going to "get" it instantly, same with how we all contribute to systemic classism, racism, etc. They're tough subjects, and as much as I would love to not have to deal with any of it ever again, we'd be getting rid of 98% of people if we tried to do that instantly because so much of it is culturally ingrained.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You know, you are absolutely right @QueerCoyote

I should have followed my original plan and not touched this thread.

Please continue.

• Wow
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads