Don't go hungry in Philly!

D

Deleted member 14481

This great resource map will help keep that tummy full!

1. Search for all needs in one place.

There are many dedicated anti-hunger groups working to address these important issues in Philadelphia. This toolkit serves as a way to bring all of their resources together in one comprehensive location, and makes it simple for people to get connected to emergency food, meals for children and seniors, public benefits, and fresh produce.

2. View information on-the-go.

You can access this website on a mobile phone. It can be useful for providers during a local health fair or for a community member assisting their neighbor.

3. Move beyond immediate food assistance.

Although approximately 470,000 Philadelphians currently receive SNAP (food stamp) benefits, there are still an estimated 180,000 individuals who qualify for SNAP but are not participating in the program. This website provides detailed information on applying for SNAP and other nutrition assistance programs that help thousands of low-income families buy food at the grocery store.

4. Increase awareness of underutilized resources.

The resources section of the website has specific information for seniors & children, two vulnerable populations for which access to food can be limited. This section also includes information about farmers’ markets and fresh produce options, where people can learn more about accessing healthy, nutritious food for free or at an affordable rate.

5. Influence policy.

Using data gathered from the traffic to this website, we will demonstrate to policymakers where resources are compared to need. This will help them make more educated decisions about food policy and influence long-term, systemic change in our food system

http://www.phillyfoodfinder.org/

OstrichJockey

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I figured it was this map when I clicked the thread. I found it back in the day and was going to do a philly wiki article with a fuckton of the good ones from here listed. Thanks for posting this.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads