Dogs, Tags

E

eliothenson

I don't really know which forum this belongs in, so-

I met some kids with fake service tags for their dogs, which would be really awesome for me because I travel alone, and essentially can't go on public transportation at all or into most businesses without tying my dog up outside and risking losing her, so I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with fake service tags, and how you did it.

I'm also just curious to hear stories about travel with dogs: upsides, downsides, problems with cops, shared meals, whatever.

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

I have a bunch of friends that have made their own service cards. The thing is, it is against the law for, let's say, a bus driver, to even ask if it's a service animal. Granted, they do it all the time, but usually if you point out the law to them they will shut up.

Real service tags look like shit anyways, so pretty much if you just put a picture of your dog on a document-esqe paper with service animal info and laminate it, it will look just as authentic as the real deal.

FREDDiEWBD

Reaction score
heyy, jw if you knew where they got the fake one from? i just got a dog a few days ago in seattle, & im trying to get to San Fran to get real ones -- but until then the fake ones would be really helpful so i dont have to deal with BS trying to get him down there.

Beyond The Sun

Reaction score
I met a kid down in Virginia last spring who was hiking the AT with his dog. I'm pretty sure he said he got the tag from here: Get a Service Dog Badge - Custom Service Dog Badges
I don't know if you need to be super detailed about why you need it. I'm pretty sure legally it's nobody's business. If you want to put on a show though, all the power to you, haha. The good thing about this tag though is that it answers commonly asked questions and provides a number for people to call if for whatever reason they have a problem.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Beyond The Sun,thank you.You have no idea how much your post has helped out with a sticky situation in this area (RVA).Anywhere,anytime,I owe you one for posting the link you did here.
Lee Byiers

drun_ken

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
the best free vet fer homless peeps is in san francisco...mary with the homless youth alince would be able to get you the info if yer were there in town....portland has a decent one...and yellow brick road would have that info....or they should....p-land also have the like every 6 mon vet shot clinick throu out side in...check social services in yer area by dialing the new "211"....well in lager populated areas....

Drunken Hearted Man

Reaction score
I made mine from that site but I didn't pay for it, the template is right there on the front page. I copied the front and back, put a picture of my dog on there, changed the names and went to kinkos to get it laminated. worked great.

FREDDiEWBD

Reaction score
okay so i photoshopped my own service tags and laminated them and all that good stuff, they look pretty legit -- unfortunatley some bad stuff is going on in Ohio that i need to get to asap & im all the way in p-land -- so that leaves me ZERO time to catch out. anyone know anything about GAYhounding it with fake tags? cause thats how i would have to get there. also -- any tips on training? my dog is a almst 2yr old pit bull/aus shepard and for the most part hes a pretty legit dog, he listens to me very well, & hes really smart, but my problem is him with other dogs.. he just FREAKS OUT and starts crying and making all these crazy sounds & if he were to get close to the dog he would end up snapping at it & hes very good off the leash-- but like i said man, he sees another dog & he just forgets himself and goes nuts. now im forced to muzzle him when i take him out on public trans and shit.. service animals are supposed to be trained to NOT bite other dogs, so this is going to become an issue for me to travel with him because hes a jerk, but hes MY jerk lol, && i dont want to give up on him, hes been passed around through a few different people homes now because people werent patient enough to try and work with him. also if maybe theres something else that i havent alrdy tried to ease the transition of comfy housie dog to dirty train ridin squatter dog lol. hes been doing pretty good so far... but like i said ANY information is mucho appreciated.

LarZ

Reaction score
I just made a service animal ID for my pup, but I have a question:

She's very well behaved (90% of the time) and trained well, but she's only 5 and some months and it's quite obvious that she's not full grown. So should I put "SERVICE ANIMAL in Training" on it and hope that tranee's can go everywhere too, or just point out that there is no age limit for service animals if questioned?

Here's the ID I made based on the template from another thread:
View attachment 19385

Dameon

Reaction score
Service dogs in training don't have the same privileges as fully trained service dogs, as far as I know. Of course, people aren't generally well educated on service dogs and the related laws, so reactions will vary.

LarZ

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured. I was hoping they would either not notice or think about the fact that she's a puppy, or not question it when I point out the lack of age limit.

I think I'll print, laminate, and carry one of each and try it out; then I'll post my results.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
all you need is microsoft paint and maybe a picture.... heres what my girlfreind made up....... works every time.... if you read the laws on this shit you dont NEED anything.... if you say it's a service dog IT IS...but havin the fake tag saves some argument
peneloservicedog-1.jpg

panik

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just made a service animal ID for my pup, but I have a question:

She's very well behaved (90% of the time) and trained well, but she's only 5 and some months and it's quite obvious that she's not full grown. So should I put "SERVICE ANIMAL in Training" on it and hope that tranee's can go everywhere too, or just point out that there is no age limit for service animals if questioned?

Here's the ID I made based on the template from another thread:
View attachment 19385

she's gorgeous!

LarZ

Reaction score
(I normally say thank you!, but it feels weird cause it's not me who's the pretty one, so....)

Isn't she? I love her to death, she's my little baby girl; had her since she was 7 weeks old =) I'ma post some better pics on the dog-picture thread, can't remember the name of it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads