dogs on busses and getting papers so cops dont steal our puppy? | Squat the Planet

dogs on busses and getting papers so cops dont steal our puppy?

ipoPua

Reaction score
so my friends n i just got this beautiful pit named diablo and we might be hopping down or we might just take a bus to make things easier, im hoping for a train but they seem to be leaning towards the bus, i think i remember reading something about a bus line that you can bring dogs on but im not sure, can anyone help me out with this? after i post this im gonna try googling n checking old threads to see if i can find it but its coming up super quick and i get distracted an forget things too easily so i figure i'll post this now in case i cant. and one of us, dont remember if it was cour or trav mentioned something about getting some paper from a doctor or somewhere that says the dog helps with anxiety or something like that? if it was trav he was probably just talking out of his ass but if it was courtney she would know what she was talking about. we love this dog tremendously and dont wanna end up losing him, especially cos of something so shitty as fascists. please help?

tldr, read the title lol.

xRENx

Reaction score
dude i traveled with had printed off fake service animal papers off line. i guess its illegal for them to ask your disability so he never got fucked with while i was with him. his dogs were well behaved and wore harnesses so they kinda already seemed that way but i ran into another group of travelers who had done the same. im not gonna look into it for you but im sure someone on here knows what im talking about or you could go from there and find it.

Reactions: ipoPua

ipoPua

Reaction score
hell yeah thanks alot man that should be all i need to find the rest, i'll go on a google hunt now that i'm not exhausted n trying to do a million things at once. here's hoping!

edit fuck yes found it dude all i needed was the term 'service animal', cant believe i couldnt figure that out lol. thank you so much!!

J

Johnny P

Yeah i just have a service dog ID and I have no problems getting on public transit, greyhound, amtrak, libraries, resturaunts, hotels...ya it is illegal to ask more than:

"Is that a service dog?"
"What is he trained to do?" or "What service does he/she provide?"

It's good to have your answers to these questions ready and recited. I have it down to a science and when somebody asks I rattle it of so officially that nobody has ever fucked with me. I've even pulled it with cops before and it has worked.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
type service dog or service dog tags into the search box.... there's a few threads on here about it....

J

Johnny P

Legaly you don't have to show papers, if you say your animal is a service animal and he behaves as such then he is a service animal and nobody can question it other than asking "What does he do?"

There specific guidlines on how your dog should be behaving. If your dog is well trained and listens on the first command and ignores other dogs you should be good. but if your dog is an unruly untrained asshole...you could get arrested charged with a felony and they will take your dog

D

Deleted member 2626

Yeah honestly this question gets asked a little WAY too much but as said. Dog has got to listen well to voice commands and sit when told and not be a freaker when around people and other dogs. Fucks it up for us who somewhat need to do it and have good dogs

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads