2017 Jamboree Dogs at the jambo?

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2017 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Notmyname

So last time I was at the library at New year's, there was a no dog rule. Is that still in place? @Cornelius Vango will travelers with pups be a problem? I know some people have vehicles and whatnot but some don't. Will leashes be okay?

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
So last time I was at the library at New year's, there was a no dog rule. Is that still in place? @Cornelius Vango will travelers with pups be a problem? I know some people have vehicles and whatnot but some don't. Will leashes be okay?

I'll say that we can be okay with dogs on leashes as long as they don't become a problem. Like sometimes people will be standing there with the dog on a leash, but they're not paying attention while the dog is peeing on things or getting into shit. If they are a problem at all, I'm gonna ask you to leave them at camp or tied up under a nearby shade tree while you're in the library.

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Right on, I'm glad to hear of this. Heya, @Cornelius Vango , as you know- I have one aggro pooch.. But, due to your wondrous advice last time I was at the library, I've obtained a really awesome muzzle for long-term endeavors. Meeks has been making a lot of progress. She's staying with me and another dog off leash at the moment, has been for a few days. This has been able to happen a hand-full of times now. I'd really like to make it to the Jambo, and I no longer have a car. How would you feel if I brought her along with me, leashed, and muzzled and tried to see how things could work? I believe in it. This situation would also keep me from becoming overly intoxicated, and what not. I just want to be respectful of your space, and to others with their animals who will be there by asking permission, and making this known.

D

Deleted member 16034

I'm not-so-secretly wondering who's at the hermit hut currently... I could see in theory, if it were to be empty, and if Cornelius and Caveman were perfectly okay with it, having a lil' doggy daycare type thing. Like there'd obviously have to be someone watching the dogs, and dog-aggressive dogs would obviously be a no-go. But it's an idea. Or Hell, some enterprising vandweller could charge money to watch doggos and keep them cool and cared for.

Just ideas. I know I wouldn't personally trust my dog with a stranger but I'm not a terribly trusting person to begin with so meh.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
@Geraldo That sounds like a great idea in theory however I don't think it's a good idea in practice. If something were to happen to one of the dogs in daycare could you imagine the blowout?

Owners are extremely protective over their pups, hell I've seen a guy tackle and beat the crap out of another guy for accidently stepping on his dogs tail. It makes sense when you think of the connection ya'll have with your furry friends.

Now I'm not saying that whoever is in charge of this purely hypothetical doggie daycare wouldn't be doing a good job. I just think of the absolute worse outcome and it sounds disastrous.

D

Deleted member 16034

That's why I put it all in a hypothetical idea. Because I can absolutely imagine the fallout of a fuckup. I can also imagine someone with an agro dog not telling anyone that it's agro and then, boom. Dog fight.

P

Popsicle

Woof woof give me your books woof woof woof . Boxcar

That's why I put it all in a hypothetical idea. Because I can absolutely imagine the fallout of a fuckup. I can also imagine someone with an agro dog not telling anyone that it's agro and then, boom. Dog fight.

Attachments

• IMG_20170917_075513.jpg
    IMG_20170917_075513.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 336
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads