does canada deport illegal hobos? | Squat the Planet

does canada deport illegal hobos?

joaquim33

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
they may deport you if yer caught doing something illegal like squatting or train riding. if they dont, you probably will only get one warning on your record before you are deported the next time youre caught.

keg

Reaction score
ok,the facts,because everyone else is telling you nothing.yes you will get deported and you will have to spend some time locked up while waiting to be deported.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

bote

Reaction score
The most likely people to boot you out of Canada are at the border. Once you're in, Mounties are about as likely to drive a couple hundred kilometers out of their way to fill out some other agency's paperwork as Staties would be to do the same in imperial. Keep your story straight and some bills in your pocket, unless you get caught too many times writing your silly name on other people's property, there should be just about the same amount of trouble as wherever.

Reactions: Mankini

Sc0ut

Reaction score
the cops that pick you up just take you back to the station where the guys whose job is specifically to deport people (like INS here in the states) will send you back after you spend some time going through the legal system. if you are found doing something suspicious or illegal and without id they will ask for name, b-day, social, and address. its really hard to fake it and its supposed to be automatic jail time if they find out youre giving them a false identity. if you want to spend time in canada, its best to be legal about it. its not that hard to get a passport even if youre a felon, unless youre still on probation, or a fugitive from justice, or if you owe a shit ton of child support. the new passport cards are only 55 dollars and dont take long to get. save yourself the time and trouble and just get one. if you cant, then you probably have bigger things to worry about then getting deported

Sc0ut

Reaction score
also if you do get deported from canada youre permanently banned from ever returning. what has worked for me in the past is telling them im already on my way back to the states. this has worked for me every time ive been threatened with removal, although at the times i was confronted i wasnt breaking any laws other than being there illegally. so if you must go without a passport, keep a low profile, be respectful to law officers, and tell them youre already on your way home.

Sc0ut

Reaction score
yup. this happened to my ex. she got picked up near toronto, and had to spend about 3 weeks in the system waiting to get sent back. when she got to buffalo she called the shelter in canada where her dog had been taken and they said he'd been put down. they said that since she was being permanently banned from the country she wouldnt have any way to get him back anyway. they had kept him in the shelter for 2 weeks before they put him down and said he showed signs of depression and aggression and anxiety the whole time, and the shelter didnt have space for him while he was rehabilitated. it was bullshit. of course he was acting weird, he'd just been separated from his owner of 5 years and stuck in a cage surrounded by strangers and unfamiliar dogs. it was a pretty messed up situation.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I remember that old guy Shoestring talking about having been deported 4 or 5 times, so I don't know if you'd get banned for life. That was probably in 1966 or something though, so maybe you would.

He might have already been banned but he just kept comin

menu

Reaction score
I know for a fact you'll get deported. but on the plus sude I hear canadian jails are pretty sweet. my buddy jason was locked up for 10 days waiting for deportation and said it was kinda nice

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads