Does anyone else just.... Never miss people? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Does anyone else just.... Never miss people?

D

deleted user

I miss the road dogs I like.

I don't much miss anyone else, only enjoy the memory of them.

I miss people I don't know yet more than anything, though. seemingly addicted to meeting new people and then dismissing them when I've realized they're not compatible as I'd like.

P

Popsicle

I miss the road dogs I like.

I don't much miss anyone else, only enjoy the memory of them.

I miss people I don't know yet more than anything, though. seemingly addicted to meeting new people and then dismissing them when I've realized they're not compatible as I'd like.

Lmao dont they call that a sociopath?

paiche

Reaction score
I function best alone but I let it go too long usually and then I crave friends around. I have social anxiety issues so that makes me want to generally just stay away from people. I do miss people though. All the people I've played with or loved or found myself in wild places with, I miss all of them.

Reactions: scoutwilding

apathyfaction

Reaction score
I'm antisocial. I look for people, but I'm not terribly broken up if I don't find them. I like the quiet, and people are too loud. Not in a measurable way - I'm not talking about actual volume. People are just noise. A quiet buzz looking to be drowned out in idle conversation or awkward silence.

I'd rather be with one or two people whose tone matches mine.

That said, I do miss those people. It's rare, finding someone you can stand to be around and who doesn't mind my brand of sullen. But people move in different directions and you can't always stand shoulder to shoulder.

Reactions: scoutwilding

scoutwilding

rural punk. trans boy.
Reaction score
I love and need my solitude. Every time I feel like I ought to get out there amongst the humans I end up an anxious mess. Yesterday I went into my nearby (used to be cool) city & was so overwhelmed. People I know don't understand that not every queer person wants to live in a city! I'm a country mouse, a rural queer punk lol. I'm pretty sure I'm a "Highly Sensitive Person". I am my best self and function on a better level when alone. I have one person in my life I miss if we are apart for a length of time, but people in general, Noooooo

Katbearfoot

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
I feel exactly the same as the OP. Except, I’ve noticed that I will miss people when I am unhappy or not quite feeling right. There is a direct correspondence between how sad I feel and how much I miss loved ones. If I am happy and doing my own thing, I don’t miss anyone (love them, look forward to seeing them, but do not miss them).. and when I had cats, I felt like a jerk because I started missing the cat before I missed any humans. Not sure what that’s about.. but I know I am not a jerk. My relationships are valuable and meaningful and I love people. Not missing people doesn’t mean that you don’t love and value them, it just means that you are an independent person who is happy doing their own thing. If I miss people, it usually means that I am unhappy within myself at that moment, but I still treat that “missing people” feeling as valid. For me, I know I’m at my best when I love and appreciate others, but am happy doing my own free-spirited thing. Accepting and valuing the present moment, whatever that may be, is a good thing. Missing people is just a form of wanting things to be different.

Reaction score
I miss the feelings some people made me feel, which is often confused with missing those individuals, for example whenever i feel lonely i get these intense dreams where i'm making out with someone i'd rather not remember while awake, nothing bad with that i guess, it's just a motivation to find someone who makes you feel whole again

If you really don't miss anyone you must be lucky to have many things or people constantly passing through your life that you can keep your mind on, although that's just a wild guess

Django

Reaction score
It's fucking great to be alone. Be this transparent figure, moving around space. Knowing that none of the people who just saw me on the road, or the gas station or whatever gives a damn shit about what I do.
Some people find strength in human relations. I fucking hate when friends/family text and as if I'm cold, or why am I doing this, or when I'll be back.
It's so fucking good to not compromise for nobody, to allow myself to be lost, not having anyone to complain when it's freezing or when it's fucking 44c out there. Just me.
The only thing I miss is affection, mostly female affection (basically sex, but not the kind that you pay for) but even sometimes a loving hug from a good friend.
When these feelings step in I remind myself of highschool and how much I hated everything about it.

Being alone is the most noble and desirable thing a man could ask. Nothing but short-term encounters that last a maximum of a few days, usually few hours.
I always liked my private spot, but it got really strong g and intense when a very good friend of mine died, and she died from a fucking aneurysm in a brain vessel. 18 yrold, never smoked or had alcohol, sitting in her house, had an headache, and 10 min later she died. Just like that. So I figured I better never ever put myself in a position when someone else can make me feel so awful and defeated. So no kids, obviously, and no close relations ever since, always keep distance between you and your friends/family, so if something happens, it won't crush you. I had it once and it's enough.

Sometimes, it's also nice to find mind-like people or communities such as this, but yet again, this is all bullshit.

Get killed or die trying to✌️

Last edited:

Candice

Reaction score
I love being alone, and I've traveled alone before and it was great. But that was two years ago.. and now I really am fearful of being alone. I have two amazing road dogs but I'm always scared of them leaving me to go do their own thing and that I'll be alone again. I don't want to be in a relationship so this makes it hard for someone to want to travel with me because most of my male friends eventually end up wanting to be more than just friends, and I don't usually get along with women. Sigh. This is something I've been struggling with a lot lately, and I don't know what to do. I have to remind myself that I'm traveling for myself, and at the end of the day I'm all I have. It's okay to be alone.
I have always been the same way girls always were to dramatic and got on my nerves but I have met some in my path that are awesome so your soul can be connected to certain ppl you just maybe haven’t found the right soul chic yet I am weird but I believe our souls are connected to certain souls and those are the ppl we are supposed to connect with

Candice

Reaction score
As a lonely teenager who just wanted to feel loved/accepted, I picked up some really bad codependent habits that lasted well into my adulthood. As a result of this, I grew to find any kind of socializing downright exhausting—what, with the constant (self-imposed) imperative to serve/entertain. Therefore, I withdrew more and more. And so, upon embarking on this solitary lifestyle, I found ghosting everyone in my life not only to be easy but a relief.

Word. I dig people, but I'm always most comfortable alone.
I found out that I felt that way and researched found out I am an empath they attract narcissistic ppl and i constantly see 1111 and it’s crazy I feel ppl emotions I like being around ppl but have to have a time of salitude and meditate it’s weird sounding but it’s true

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads