do-it-yourself slings | Squat the Planet

do-it-yourself slings

Dmac

Reaction score
ok. like many of you i have spent many hours around the rr tracks. i recently looked up, and made myself a sling. you know like david and goliath. the first one was made of paracord, and was about the length from my fingertips to my elbow (1 cubit). i could toss things almost 3 times as far as with my hand. at first, i had to throw underhand. but after a while i could "throw overhand" and come close to my target.
then i made one out of heavier cord. it is the length of my arm. i can toss things well over 150 yards with it. still not accurate yet, but it is fun to mess around with.
i made mine simply by tying a loop in a rope, and fastening the other rope to it. a sling can be made from any cordage, can be taken apart, to be used for a tent or tarp cord, TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT.
anyone else try this?

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
My kids and I did that last summer and have had a blast messing around with it

AlyKat

Reaction score
I have tried this with paracord as well. It was really fun, but it does take a while to get any kind of accurate. you're making me want to try again though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads