DIY Explosives

xbocax

Reaction score
Hey Yall Im sure a surplus of you have played with explosives here and there and I wanted to know if anyone could share some fun but farely safe ways to make explosives.

I really want to prank my friend by puting an explosive in a box covered in frosting which would look like a cake for his birthday. It would be ideal that the explosive ignite once he lights the candle but if there are any other methods please share.

I promise i will record it and share it here if anyone can help me out with this haha

thanx

trotsky

Reaction score
Get Potassium Nitrate stump remover from a hardware store and melt in a pan with granulated sugar. Depending on the ratio you end up with smoke bombs or explosives. Do it outside so it doesn't ignite in the pan

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
The homemade stuff is unpredictable. Sometimes it goes off before you want, sometimes not at all. Hangfires are the worst! I've got a little bit of a facial tattoo and a chunk out of my nose from that. If it does go off, sometimes it will just burn really hot, sometimes it will blow everything around it to hell. You just never know...which is part of the fun if you're not too worried about the safety part.

If you want to do this and keep the friendship, you might use a firecracker and cannon fuse, and do a practice run. They're a lot more predictable than DYI.

Myechtatel

Reaction score
my friends and i read that if you put a bunch of matchheads in a tennis ball and throw it at something, it would blow up. made sense too but after we did it it didn't work. so after many failed attempts my friend decides to hold while someone dropped a cigarette short into it and then he would throw it. well as soon as that cig fell in, it blew up. he didn't have a chance in hell to throw it. luckily it blew up facing away from his hand. lucky bastard. otherwise he would've lost his hand or at least a few fingers. woulda sucked for us too cause he was our bass player. haha

-just realized you said something about the tennis ball. yeah, it doesn't work. unless you rig a fuse to it.

Myechtatel

Reaction score
hmm. maybe i didn't use enough matchheads. i think the problem though was that just hitting matchheads on rubber(the inside of the ball) wouldn't ignite them. maybe if you put some of the striking surface from the matchbox in there? i don't know. it was a while ago when we did it so i dont remember exactly what we did.

FigTree

Reaction score
my friends and i read that if you put a bunch of matchheads in a tennis ball and throw it at something, it would blow up..

seems to me they'd have to be strike anywhere matches, otherwise youre just throwing a ball full of little sticks.

xbocax

Reaction score
there we go i do recall him saying they are strike anywhere matches

Kraken

Reaction score
if you get about 100 sparklers an wrap them entirely in black electric tape besides one for a fuse it willexplode an leave a craterinthe ground maybe not the best idead for your friends cake but they always make me happy

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I really want to arrest people because I'm a police officer and I'm trying to get people to give out their knowledge of explosives. It would be ideal that you guys tell me, in great detail, how you make explosives.

I promise I won't arrest you for sharing this info. I'll probably just add your name to a government watch list.

thanx

Fixed that for you.

xbocax

Reaction score
Fixed that for you.
oh thanx!
Im sure there'll be a squad at everyone's door any second now
or much more likely
another nose in the air comment by sir cxr :]
do you have trouble with flies?

xbocax

Reaction score
and heres the links to how to do everything listed here thus far
Im sure these people are in Guantanamo by now so watch out!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads