DIY bike panniers | Squat the Planet

DIY bike panniers

Isaiah54

Reaction score
Not sure whether to post this in how to or bike touring.
I made panniers out of kitty litter tubs so I can lug shit around on the cheap. They are awesome, you can remove them and take them in places so your stuff doesn't get stolen. They seem very durable.
This guy took pictures and showed how he made them if anyone wants to replicate it. http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/Buckets

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Great idea, especially if you can easily lift them on and off the bike. I used to ride in a bicycle club with a retired man - a retired engineer - who made something like these for his commuter (which he also rode long distance) - and on the back of the bike he used a large orange/red Tide detergent container to house his spare clothing and food. Swore by those containers saying everything was kept dry.

Isaiah54

Reaction score
Yes they lift right off the bike , so cheap to make too. I reinforced mine with hard wood. adds weight but i bet they will out live everything else

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads