Craziest places you've slept for the night?

jaws

Reaction score
I'll start-

One night I was in Los Angeles with no Couch Surf connection set up. So I was walking through China Town and just happened to call it a night in an alley way with my sleeping bag.
I awoke in the morning to an asian man holding a water hose cleaning the side walk right next to me. I had fallen asleep directly in front of his store. I was wearing all dress clothes though, he was confused. I left.

One more-

I was in Arcata, CA and was exploring the redwoods. As it approached dark I didn't feel like walking back to my car so I just found a hollowed out Redwood stump that was big enough to completely stretch out and go to sleep in. I only semi-snoozed in it sadly because I was worried about my car getting towed. I must go back on foot...

Now you -

K

Kim Chee

Not sure if craziest...

Florida, February, Home Depot just received their supply of patio furniture. I made myself comfortable way up on top of a stack of lounge cushions about 12' up in topstock. It was pretty comfortable and warm for a change. My bladder ooged out before opening and I ended up pissing on the floor. I felt bad when I heard an employee grumble upon discovering my urine in the middle of the aisle.

Kept a straight face as I walked out like a champ soon after opening.

jaws

Reaction score
Not sure if craziest...

Florida, February, Home Depot just received their supply of patio furniture. I made myself comfortable way up on top of a stack of lounge cushions about 12' up in topstock. It was pretty comfortable and warm for a change. My bladder ooged out before opening and I ended up pissing on the floor. I felt bad when I heard an employee grumble upon discovering my urine in the middle of the aisle.

Kept a straight face as I walked out like a champ soon after opening.
Whatt?!
You spent the night inside home depot?

K

Kim Chee

Whatt?!
You spent the night inside home depot?

I've been holding back all this time. You can actually get high up in the steel and have a fucking picnic. You are off the radar up there. They play music all night long too.

I'm guessing you better be careful now that everybody knows about it, but hahahhahahhahahahahjajaa!

Thank you, Home Depot!

• Sad
Reactions: Kal

jaws

Reaction score
I've been holding back all this time. You can actually get high up in the steel and have a fucking picnic. You are off the radar up there. They play music all night long too.

I'm guessing you better be careful now that everybody knows about it, but hahahhahahhahahahahjajaa!

Thank you, Home Depot!
Holy shit!!

Reactions: Kal

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Passed out drunk in the desert on a military base on a lawn in front of enlisted dorm... and I woke up before getting spotted and hauled away by MP's

janktoaster

Reaction score
I slept in a cave in Boulder, woke up to cave crickets all over my stuff- freaked out and left..

I've slept in a bunch of weird places hahah. Found a canoe that was tied up to a tree near a river in PA, slept in the bottom of it, stretched and fell asleep to gentle rocking..

jaws

Reaction score
I slept in a cave in Boulder, woke up to cave crickets all over my stuff- freaked out and left..

I've slept in a bunch of weird places hahah. Found a canoe that was tied up to a tree near a river in PA, slept in the bottom of it, stretched and fell asleep to gentle rocking..
That makes me want to build a ship to live on.

Reactions: janktoaster

janktoaster

Reaction score
I'd love to build a ship. There's this abandoned house near me with a sunfish in the garage....... I am so tempted

sporehead

Reaction score
Rolled into EL Paso late one night and a creepy ass empty town greeted me. Wasn't sure where to sleep and didn't think hopping out would be a great idea, due to the border patrol. Ended up sleeping on top of the Burger king because it was the only accessible roof.

The next morning I climbed off and ran into an employee. I started explaining myself but he didn't speak English so I peaced out.

Joshicus

Reaction score
Well not really weird but the first night I was "homeless" I still had my car so I stopped at a park and ride in the middle of a rural area. Got woke up at like 3 am by a deputy sheriff who thought I was a drunk sleeping it off. Told him I was homeless and was not bothering anyone. He kicked me out of the park and ride. So I drove a few miles and found a roadside rest, he followed me there and hungout for a while on the otherside. Dick

I have nothing against gays but another time when I was in Vermont I was sleeping in the parking lot of a small gas station. It must have been the local hangout for community gays because when I went to go use the restroom at like 2 am three guys followed me in and watched me. Then they followed me back out and watched me get in my car. I tried to go back to sleep but everytime I looked up they were looking over at me. Needless to say I got the fuck out of there. Creeped me the fuck out.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Great thread btw!

Reactions: Goodnight
K

Kim Chee

...I have nothing against gays but another time when I was in Vermont I was sleeping in the parking lot of a small gas station. It must have been the local hangout for community gays because when I went to go use the restroom at like 2 am three guys followed me in and watched me. Then they followed me back out and watched me get in my car. I tried to go back to sleep but everytime I looked up they were looking over at me. Needless to say I got the fuck out of there. Creeped me the fuck out.

janktoaster

Reaction score
Damn, heat and lights on and everything? Unlocked truck? You sure it was abandoned? If it was, sounds like a great place to sleep hahaha

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
What's yours Tude?

LOL - Loved bathtubs in college, couple of houses front porches, HEY - who leaves a tent up in the backyard and doesn't make use of it (lol - I did), somebody's open car they left open, a party that didn't know who I was but I crashed it on their couch - nothing like waking up to people talking around you asking - do you know who she is? ..... ooooo and a kid's treefort - we partied in there hard too - snuck outta there the next morning with hoodies up.

Partied hard too under the bridges where I lived then we moved on to some abandoned quarreys. Oh especially one that is now a Superfund site that has to be cleaned as it has tons of barrels of deadly leaking chemicals buried in a quarry pond that I probably spent a couple years at ignoring no trespassing signs. Aweseome!!! I probably glow in the dark!!!

Am I accepted?

jaws

Reaction score
LOL - Loved bathtubs in college, couple of houses front porches, HEY - who leaves a tent up in the backyard and doesn't make use of it (lol - I did), somebody's open car they left open, a party that didn't know who I was but I crashed it on their couch - nothing like waking up to people talking around you asking - do you know who she is? ..... ooooo and a kid's treefort - we partied in there hard too - snuck outta there the next morning with hoodies up.

Partied hard too under the bridges where I lived then we moved on to some abandoned quarreys. Oh especially one that is now a Superfund site that has to be cleaned as it has tons of barrels of deadly leaking chemicals buried in a quarry pond that I probably spent a couple years at ignoring no trespassing signs. Aweseome!!! I probably glow in the dark!!!

Am I accepted?
Bathtubs are the best, especially if it's within vomit range of the toilet. Anyone who glows in the dark is accepted ;)

Reactions: janktoaster

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads