Corn Snake

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So I've been waiting to get a snake since I was 5 years old. and tonight i'm going to pick up my new cornsnake. I'm pretty stoked. Getting the snake, 40 gal tank, heating equiptment, and everything in the tank for $70. Very good deal...as long as the snake isnt a cunt. we will see....

well anyway, any tips on snakes?

bote

Reaction score
well anyway, any tips on snakes?

generally two of them?

sorry couldn`t resist, that`s awesome you`re getting/got a snake. I knew a guy who travelled with a snake and he was very conscious of keeping it warm enough, he even carried an electric hot rock that he`d plug in behind gas stations for the snake to curl around. Don`t know if that applies to corn snakes, but it would be worth looking into before travelling, methinks

nick

Reaction score
Website
lamespace.com
corn snakes are easy, i had a few when i was younger. just dont feed them too big of food, and be mindful they are wicked escape artists..any tiny crack will set em free

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yeah, i know plenty enough about her to take care of her. and she wont be traveling with me, i'm stationary for a year.(other than 1-2 week long ventures). she's about 4 ft long and a fucking beauty. now i just need an edgy original name for her. maybe a latin word for fire? lol i dont know. she's a sweetheart though.

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
Well, actually, Lamia is from Greek mythology, a child-eating demon. Later folklore did use it as a word for vampire though (Didnt know that half until I just looked at wikipedia, I've just known way to many mythology nerds). But she was also half-serpent, so its still a badass name for your snake.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
we had a pet cornsnake once that escaped on the sailboat... we never did find him but i'm sure he didn't go hungry with all the roaches and ants on board.
it was fun to walk around town with him coiled up and around in my dreadlocks and freak out unsuspecting tourists.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
El Flame-o....lol...how about...Blaze... or Lithe, that's just another word for flexible...Fer-de-Lance...that one is French for ...I don't know, but it's in my thesaurus, it's under snake...

What about Ophidian, a fancy word for Serpent...
Or.. Lamia, another word for vampire...
Or..Maize, another word for corn, duh...
Or...Cad Aver (cadaver) lol
Nosh -to nibble aggressivly...
Oh oh oh oh, I know how about Korn, the Snake, ha ha ha ha.

you could name her Ssssativa, hee hee.. Ok, Ok I quit...I tried. Personally I really like either Lamia or Ophidian...both are latin....

hope that helps

haha i like "maize"

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads