Concealed or open carry knives? | Squat the Planet

Concealed or open carry knives?

D

deleted user

So in a majority of states, open carrying a fixed single sided sheathed knife is legal for out door purposes, but is that a good idea? I've always kept mine in my bag out of fear of pigs deciding to mess with me or not getting rides because the driver sees a knife. Thoughts? Experiences?

Jessi

Reaction score
my boyfriend had his on his belt in Nampa Idaho and the cops charged him with concealed weapon without a license and wanted to give him 6 months but I personally haven't had many issues.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
my boyfriend had his on his belt in Nampa Idaho and the cops charged him with concealed weapon without a license and wanted to give him 6 months but I personally haven't had many issues.
Was the knife covered by any clothing.at all,or was it completely being shown ?

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If his shirt tail or jacket covered it,then it was concealed

urbanflow

Reaction score
I never had any issues. I have my shirt tucked under my knife so I can actually get to it. No point in carrying a blade on your hip if you can't whip it out easily imo.

Reactions: ByronMc

urbanflow

Reaction score
and.... i lied. just had my cold steel fixed blade stripped off me by a cop in nashville tn. apparently they're super serious about that shit there. if its over three inches they take it and cite you.

either way, really dumb to try and hide a fixed blade. always better to keep it on the hip. if its a folder, fuck it.

Reactions: Mad Max
Reaction score
Website
effectiveresistance.tumblr.com
I have had a fixed blade hunting knife concealed on me all over north america. The few times I get questioned, usually for hitching in an illegal spot, I just stated that it was for recreational purposes. Most places that is absolutely fine. Except in florida, they fucking suck.

Mad Max

Reaction score
Last trip I went on, I carried a 7 inch Ka-Bar on my hip at all times, and an 11 inch knife in plain view on my bike trailer. The cops never gave me any issues about either, and I ran into them all the time. When they asked me if I had any weapons, I just replied that I had tools. And I was always ready to explain a valid use for each knife I had. For example, my 11 inch knife was for cutting fire wood, and my 7 inch knife was for cutting tender. And my pepper spray was for dogs that chased me on my bike.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
In all of my travles I have never had a issue in any stated a traveled through pertaining to carrying a large knife on my hip. I routinely get my idea checked between 5 to 10 times per month by law enforcement primarily because I am usually behind a commercial building late at night charging my cell phone.

Every time a officer has approached me the first thing I do is inform the police officer that I am armed. I explain to them it is for survival and self defense purposes. As of yet I have never had any issues.

Your attitude and how you present yourself durning a field investigation with the officer can come into play. I have had some very big buck knifes attached to my hip while traveling and still had no issues with law enforcement.

I will out of respect and to prevent people from feeling uncomfortable take the knife of my hip while shopping or inside a restaurant and keep it in my bag but at night and while riding the rails it stays on.

Reactions: claymation

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
In all of my travles I have never had a issue in any stated a traveled through pertaining to carrying a large knife on my hip. I routinely get my idea checked between 5 to 10 times per month by law enforcement primarily because I am usually behind a commercial building late at night charging my cell phone.

Every time a officer has approached me the first thing I do is inform the police officer that I am armed. I explain to them it is for survival and self defense purposes. As of yet I have never had any issues.

Your attitude and how you present yourself durning a field investigation with the officer can come into play. I have had some very big buck knifes attached to my hip while traveling and still had no issues with law enforcement.

I will out of respect and to prevent people from feeling uncomfortable take the knife of my hip while shopping or inside a restaurant and keep it in my bag but at night and while riding the rails it stays on.
Sorry for the typos. Its hard to write on these phones.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads