Community Shit in Tijuana | Squat the Planet

Community Shit in Tijuana

christianarchy

Reaction score
So I was writing a really formal outline of all the things I wanna do in TJ, but my sister reminded me that plans are stupid and never work, and if I want to do something, I should just start doing what I can do now and go from there. So now I'm gonna 'splain this all in plain punk talk.
The basics is, I wanna start a community space in TJ where people can eat for free and sleep if they need and fix their bikes and whatever, because, you know, anarchy, Jesus, whatever.
I have the skrilla to do so, but zero people I know wanna be involved. So I'm trying to buy a car to live in down there for a bit, and I'ma start really small, like blowing all my food stamps/dumpstering in San Diego and then handing out the food in the slums of TJ (Call if FNB if you will), giving away the useful shit I can dumpster stateside, whatever. So if you're into little things like that, get at me. Or if you wanna explore TJ with me - I already know the city pretty alright. And if you get at me in a few months I should have a place for you to crash and a lot of dishes you can help out with.
No one believes in this, but fuck you.
Also, you should sell me a car. Or give one for the cause.
And yes, I was the one that was talking about community space shit in Seattle. That had an okay run but got shut down from the city so I'm relocating to somewhere where less people are shitheads, money goes further, more people are in need, and building codes don't matter. Fuck the USA.
Come get drunk and and talk anarchy with me in Tijuana.

K

Kim Chee

I'm sure there's no way talking you out of it. Tijuana was pretty sketch a few years ago (lotsa dope and trouble on the frontera trying to make its way to the states).
Hate to see trouble come to a brother just because he happens to be doing a nice thing for people and being in the wrong place/time. Otherwise, it sounds like a
worthy endeavor to me and traveling in pairs looking like locals might save you some grief. Take care of yourself (and be safe).

christianarchy

Reaction score
UPDATE 2/14 - Gotta 2 BR house with a lot of gardening space for less than $300. Hoping to get FNB off the ground in the next few weeks. Anyone comes through and wants to crash and hangout get at me, also looking for a roomie to split the rent and do cool shit with..

Reactions: ayyyjayyy

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Wow!! That all sounds damn amazing; I absolutely love the Mexican culture. Despite the fact that there is so much more REAL poverty (because being on food stamps in the states is NOT poor!!), the people that I came in contact with while traveling in Mexico were sooo generous, in every manner of the word. I am sure that they will be soo grateful for what you're intending to do down there (and yes, amen to the 'Fuck the USA' sentiment, whole-freakin-heartedly). Bad ass! I didn't know you could rent houses down there as an American?! Well, I don't see why not, it IS Mehiko, and all that, but I was under some (American) :) assumption that you had to get an FM3 and all that shit.... Either way, it's awesome that you're actually following through on this and getting shit done; irregardless of how small it may be, it can make a big difference for peoplezez.

I might be down, at some point in the next couple months or so... Literally flipping coins on whether or not to do what I'm 'supposed' to do, or to live out my OWN dreams. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it's a tricky situation (involving famdamily bizness and bullllsshhiiit)... I puedo hablar espanol, tambien, which is always groovy. :) Anyways. Best of luck, mann!!

~ melissA

suprhromnn

Reaction score
Kudos to you man, this sounds like a really cool project. It's not my cup of tea but I think it's awesome that there are people like you looking to give out for nothing in return.

Best of luck and hope this lasts as long as you want it to.

christianarchy

Reaction score
update 3/12 - Food Not Bombs startin this Saturday. Hella stray animals living with me. a couple STP kids have come hung out. do likewise.

christianarchy

Reaction score
Update 5/9 - So between me and some friends, we have 3 2BR houses on a lot with a gate, and we can pretty much do whatever. We have shows on our lot, just planted a garden, have 13 chickens, 11 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 bunnies, skate, smoke mad mota, make carboys full of mixed drinks, do FNB once a week, etc. Soon we're looking into getting a commercial space, then doing free English classes, free meals, building bicycles, cool infoshoppy type things with that. Hopefully. So far, so good. Come hang!

Zoshpermanent

Reaction score
Sounds dope dude. I am teaching english in Mex city at the moment, any idea how dangerous it is to go from here to there??
Is there floor space to crash??

Thoreau

Reaction score
Website
zinelibrary.info
Damm if its goin well it can really develop to me something really huge.
~I had this exact ideia in mind, withouth all the punk I guess, im no punk, im an historian and a comunist xd
Hope i get to do that here in Portugal
Also, do you have any pics that you could share?

Again, awsome project!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads